Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sterring Wheel Lock

Hang on! I've never had a steering lock on my IS either, always looked for one and still do afer 3 years! Lol! Always turning the wheel after ignition is off, key is out but its never locked?

• 1 month later...

I've noticed the same thing on my IS200. To engage the steering lock I have to turn the wheel 90 degrees from centre, in either direction. The steering lock will not engage with the wheels straight (and the steering wheel straight).

Does everyone have this ? Or if your steering lock engages in the straight-ahead position, does it also only engage another 180 degrees from this ?

My 2000 V plate locks at about the 3 o'clock position and our 02 plate locks at about 12 o'clock always have to steer to the left to engage it?

Interesting. Mine locks at either 3 o'clock or 9 o'clock, it simply won't do so at 12 o'clock.

I'm not particularly bothered about it, more curious really.

is300_dino, will yours definitely not lock at any position ? Have you tried to see if it will lock at other positions to 12 o'clock ?

• 11 years later...
On 11/30/2008 at 9:39 PM, Steviewevie said:

I've noticed the same thing on my IS200. To engage the steering lock I have to turn the wheel 90 degrees from centre, in either direction. The steering lock will not engage with the wheels straight (and the steering wheel straight).

Does everyone have this ? Or if your steering lock engages in the straight-ahead position, does it also only engage another 180 degrees from this ?

my steering wheel lock works fine never had a problem with.