Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have never taken it to its top speed, I have on a few occasions gone up to 145mph and it was still pulling, with no sign of giving up. but only on deserted motorway! it is very easy to get to those speeds with out realizing, as the cabin is so quiet.

I am afraid I fall into the target market as well, middle aged, going Grey, and carrying a bit more weight than i should be. and should know better, but i have a safety device fitted in the passenger seat that advises me when I am doing something wrong (the wife).

hmmm,interesting debate going on.I too like the way the Lexus cars sprint of the line when combined with an auto box.We own a few lexii,an RX300,RX350,IS200's and they all use the auto box.when i floor any of them of the line,i find they fly of the line almost like an electronic pre-programmed launch in a performance car such as an M3 or RS4.I also own an E46 M3 supercharged which churns out about 404rwhp and if i tried to floor it off the line, like i do with the lexus cars,id be sat in the same position for a very long time,burning rubber.Its also very hard work to launch it perfectly in anything other than bone dry conditions,because as i hit the rev limit in each gear im obviously releasing maximum power and this causes wheel spin at each gear change,which kills power and time.In the Lexus cars 0-30 is stupidly quick-there is no drag or delay-its really punchy,especially in the RX cars.Ive had a race with the RX350 upto 70ish and the M3 was beat 0-35ish and after that the Lexus was gone,but for town driving-its certainly stronger of the line than a supercharged M3.

... i have a safety device fitted in the passenger seat that advises me when I am doing something wrong...

Yes. And my LS is fitted with a passenger-side windbag.

I used to have a Twin Turbo Mitsubishi GTO, everytime i put my foot down with the wife in the car they'd be a terrible whineing sound....but if i do it in the LS without kicking down don't hear a peep :)

you can tell when an impreza or EVO manages to achieve there book 0-60 time, it's the cloud of clutch smoke and snapped driveshafts left behind that does it.

I was joining the motorway the other day and some chap in a astra coupe 1.8 decided to give it a go, i was just accelerating normally when the waife said "i think he's trying you know" So i put my foot slightly further down into the deep pile carpet :lol:

these have the same 0-60, and a lower unlimited top end, the ls would be a close if not faster car, especially at motorway speeds?

Series McRae Turbo 4WD 4d 6.1 s 144 mph 214 bhp

2.0 Turbo Catalunya 4WD 4d 6.1 s 144 mph 214 bhp

Turbo 2000 Terzo 4WD 4d 6.1 s 144 mph 214 bhp

RB5 Prodrive Turbo 4WD 4d 6.1 s 144 mph 214 bhp

RB5 Turbo 4WD 4d 6.1 s 144 mph 214 bhp

Turbo 2000 4WD 4d 6.1 s 144 mph 214 bhp

Turbo 2000 4WD 4d (SR) 6.1 s 144 mph 214 bhp

Ya. Once you are over 90-100mph, the good aerodynamics of the LS really make a difference.

hmmm,interesting debate going on.I too like the way the Lexus cars sprint of the line when combined with an auto box.We own a few lexii,an RX300,RX350,IS200's and they all use the auto box.when i floor any of them of the line,i find they fly of the line almost like an electronic pre-programmed launch in a performance car such as an M3 or RS4.I also own an E46 M3 supercharged which churns out about 404rwhp and if i tried to floor it off the line, like i do with the lexus cars,id be sat in the same position for a very long time,burning rubber.Its also very hard work to launch it perfectly in anything other than bone dry conditions,because as i hit the rev limit in each gear im obviously releasing maximum power and this causes wheel spin at each gear change,which kills power and time.In the Lexus cars 0-30 is stupidly quick-there is no drag or delay-its really punchy,especially in the RX cars.Ive had a race with the RX350 upto 70ish and the M3 was beat 0-35ish and after that the Lexus was gone,but for town driving-its certainly stronger of the line than a supercharged M3.

If you wait until revlimit kicks in you are actually losing power. If you know your engine you will be changing at Peak revs before the power starts to drop off. I do think though that the autobox on the 430's is probably better at changing at exactly the right time than the majority of us mere mortals.

When comparing with Subarus and Evos, remember that they are 4WD while we only have 2WD. So if there is the slightest bit of damp on the ground, they will have a lot more grip and will disappear out front while we have our power chopped off by the traction control.

If you wait until revlimit kicks in you are actually losing power. If you know your engine you will be changing at Peak revs before the power starts to drop off. I do think though that the autobox on the 430's is probably better at changing at exactly the right time than the majority of us mere mortals.

yeah youre right,that isnt what i was trying to say.Obviously im not bouncing of the limiter.what i was trying to say was,once ive hit maximum revs per gear(peak) the wheels spin.its hard to avoid wheel spin in such a powerful car with no weight at the rear and so makes it very hard to get away from auto boxes that are designed to shoot through the gears.

Yes, I see where you are coming from. I thought maybe you were doing what so many of the "boy racers" do and changing at max revs instead of peak revs.........SORRY ...I should have realised you weren't that daft.

I get Scoobs thinking they will wipe the floor with me (and a standard IS they would) but they often get a surprise.

Beemer baiting can be fun too!

Not driven an LS, but my Dad's 4.2 V8 Jag can't half shift some if ya poke it! 300hp and lightweight allimimium body. Imagine it to be similar.

Racing cars on public roads is dangerous. I can't believe this thread is even staying up.

I dont belive you just said that :o

I think someone had hacked into Maneesh's account. I will let him know................... :whistling::whistling:

surly it is not illegal to accelerate up the the national speed limit?

I don't think there is a law saying you can't accelerate fast as long as your in control.

and if you want to accelerate and the guy next to you does the same, and it was not planned whats the harm? :whistling:

Racing cars on public roads is dangerous. I can't believe this thread is even staying up.

Would this from be the chap who once "forgot" to put on his seatbelt ?

Haha. Good one MATE. Thanks for the comment.

Thank YOU (and others) for making me realise how this forum is no longer what it used to be.

I'm gonna stay off LOC now (apparently accounts cannot be deleted). It's turned into a children's playground.

Fed up of personal comments, and from what I can see, I'm not the only one.

If you have a problem with ME, be man it enough to say it to my face.

Thank YOU (and others) for making me realise how this forum is no longer what it used to be.

I'm gonna stay off LOC now (apparently accounts cannot be deleted). It's turned into a children's playground.

What on earth do you expect Maneesh, when its a well known FACT that you do the very same thing, Race cars on public roads, said by yourself many many times to many many members of this forum :o

Think you need to sit down and just take the leg pulling, insted of throwing your toys out of the pram :D

As for saying to your face, im waiting until the next time we meet, to tell you about you insurance tactics :winky:

surly it is not illegal to accelerate up the the national speed limit?

I don't think there is a law saying you can't accelerate fast as long as your in control.

and if you want to accelerate and the guy next to you does the same, and it was not planned whats the harm? :whistling:

When driving to the standard set in the ROSPA advanced driving course, you are encouraged to use full throttle to obtain maximum acceleration in overtaking situations, not pulling away from traffic lights though. Would have loved to have seen the examiners face if I left a big fat number 11 whilst pulling away.

I don't think there is a law as such but Plod might find a reason to do you for driving without due care or somthing along those lines.

A good way I found to stop myself using loads of acceleration when pulling away is to spend £800 on Michelin Piolot Sport tyres. The game is to make them last as long as possible.

Jim.

Maneesh, why take it personally.I dont think anyone has a problem with you at all,i think it was purely your comment that sounded contradictory,especially to those that know you.Its just people enjoying their cars responsibly.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links