Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Filling With Petrol

another stupid question

ive only had my is200 a week and filled up with petrol twice and both times at different petrol stations it's been a nightmare filling as the pump shut's off almost straight away as if it thinks it's full ..can only fill with trigger just pressed and it takes ages.

has anyone who's had this problem??

is there a way to hold the pump so it does not shut off till it's full. :hehe:

thanks

Dean

he he.....i did exactly the same thing. you're not the only one dont worry!

I found that if you put the nozzle in all the way it shuts off.........so, put it in all the way, then pull it out but so the nozzle is still left in the hole (i.e. so it's only a little way in). Turn the handle a little way clockwise and you can fill with full trigger !!

Hope that helps

i find anti clockwise by 90 degrees works best for me - however I did notice a few scratch marks appearing next to my filler cap now :crybaby: Not so good!

Oh and i found a garage where the auto shut off doesn't work too well when you don't use the nozzles straight - petrol all over me :sick:

yeah turning the pump 90 degrees anticlockwise (so hose is pointing towards back of car) works fine usually

or if you want to avoid this completely and fill up normally

use any of the new bp connect petrol stations

they got different pumps that even work in the lexus! :yahoo:

voila!

pump as a fast as you can.

no twisting, turning or rolling up of trouser legs is necessary (unless you spill the petrol all over you)

Not sure we're talking about the same thing here Matt! :blush:

:lol::yahoo::lol:

HI,

I hope I don't sound like am taking the *****, but over here in Euroland, you just stick the nozzle in, lock the button at the back of the pump, put hands on hips, and watch it fill. When the tank is full, it will automatically stop. well, that is , if you want a full tank.

The pumps in the UK have the same buttons too, but it doesn't work. Wonder wh they are there in the first place.

HI,

I hope I don't sound like am taking the *****, but over here in Euroland, you just stick the nozzle in, lock the button at the back of the pump, put hands on hips, and watch it fill. When the tank is full, it will automatically stop. well, that is , if you want a full tank.

The pumps in the UK have the same buttons too, but it doesn't work. Wonder wh they are there in the first place.

Same as in America.......

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links