Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My 2001 LS430 sat-nav screen will not let me press 'I agree' it will let me press the language buttons but will not let me press 'I agree' Any ideas?

Hi

Have a look at this thread and try the screen test to see if the screen is faulty or if any fault codes come up.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=54266

Pete

Hi

Just had another thought, when I got my new disc I copied it and tried to use the copy in the car... it worked, sort of, but kept throwing up faults, I took it out and put it back and it was OK for ages, then it just gave up.... it was a cheap double layer DVD and I think that's why, so maybe it does a system reset if you remove the disc.... try re-installing it.

If you need to know how let me know...

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks, that was great advice.

I checked everything and found the most unusual result. Perhaps this will seem obvious to those of you who may know how a touch-screen works, but to someone like me, it was interesting.

All results with all tests were perfect.

What was interesting was that when I touched the screen with my index finger nothing worked, but when I used my middle finger all worked fine.

I would have been pressing 'I Agree' with my index finger and the language buttons with my middle finger, just based on the location of the buttons on the screen.

I have a cut on my index finger that has developed a little bit of tough skin till it heals.

Perhaps this affects it? I cannot think of any other reason why it does not work with my index finger....