Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Group Buys

Ellz

Hi guys spoke with Matt earlier and my group buys have been shut due to complaints from someone. But because my fp-racing link says that i am a distributor of the dixcel products (even though fp racing isnt a registered company and we can only get our hands on the brakes due to knowing the uk distributor) and can get carbon fibre items made up Matt has had to close them, which i have no problem with as its not a loss to me, i was earning no money from either of the group buys just trying to pass on items that i have to get made for my race car (as i have to get the mould made). It would have helped me along with my motorsport course as well showing that i could get products made up and distributed with a good feed back from customers.

Unfortunatly you guys loose out.

Just thought people might want to know

Elliott

Edited by janey

Welcome to LOC... all my ones were taken down yesterday too... thankfully for everyone they realised that it was in the interest of the members and not the individual and re-instated them..

Although i am going to be putting up scanned invoices for the Admin team and members to show costs etc to prove im not proffiting out of this.. is this something you could do to re-instate your GB..

Think back though... has and form of trading on here been easy? prolex vs TDi.... those were the days...

Matt didnt have a problem with it as he knew i wasnt making any money from them, but as there was a complaint he had to remove them. If anyone wants anything just give me a shout.

Elliot I mentioned your activities to the moderating team as rules are rules. Tony and I are not allowed to have links to our websites in our signatures. We are both VAT registered and also on the companies house register. Whatever the status of your company you need to pay/get permission to advertise on here.

Its praiseworthy that you say you were doing these deals for the good of LOC but you should understand that lots of companies are struggling to make a living in the current economic climate and as such are entitled to point any inequities out to the relevant people.

Call me a cynic if you wish but you should take a reality check about doing anything for free regarding selling parts -- If there is a failure who does the end user see about getting a replacement part ?....what happens if the failure leads to an accident ?...............are you insured against any possible claims or will Dixcel (whoever) deal with any litigation that may ensue.........

Margins dealers make have to cover insurance costs/public liability insurance etc......maybe on a wider point those of you who spend hours looking for bargains in America/japan need to think about this point.....also who do you contact when it goes wrong ?

From my perspective I've spent hours getting TOM's installation pdfs made up ready for download I have to recoup these costs as times money..............

Current exchange rates of £1/$1.62 and £1/169 yen will men the costs will rise any way............

Why doesnt Dixcel (whoever) contact the mods to become a bona fide trader on here ? Pay the relevant fees at off they go.

Matt didnt have a problem with it as he knew i wasnt making any money from them, but as there was a complaint he had to remove them. If anyone wants anything just give me a shout.

Elliot I mentioned your activities to the moderating team as rules are rules. Tony and I are not allowed to have links to our websites in our signatures. We are both VAT registered and also on the companies house register. Whatever the status of your company you need to pay/get permission to advertise on here.

Its praiseworthy that you say you were doing these deals for the good of LOC but you should understand that lots of companies are struggling to make a living in the current economic climate and as such are entitled to point any inequities out to the relevant people.

Call me a cynic if you wish but you should take a reality check about doing anything for free regarding selling parts -- If there is a failure who does the end user see about getting a replacement part ?....what happens if the failure leads to an accident ?...............are you insured against any possible claims or will Dixcel (whoever) deal with any litigation that may ensue.........

Margins dealers make have to cover insurance costs/public liability insurance etc......maybe on a wider point those of you who spend hours looking for bargains in America/japan need to think about this point.....also who do you contact when it goes wrong ?

From my perspective I've spent hours getting TOM's installation pdfs made up ready for download I have to recoup these costs as times money..............

Current exchange rates of £1/$1.62 and £1/169 yen will men the costs will rise any way............

Why doesnt Dixcel (whoever) contact the mods to become a bona fide trader on here ? Pay the relevant fees at off they go.

Thats the thing is not a company, my friend and I are doing a motorsport engineering degree to get experience we started FPracing, this is to gain experience in the field. We can get the Dixcel products but wouldnt be selling them we would be passing the orders to Dixon Cheng who is the UK distributor hence not earning any money, he thought the Lexus people would have the money/sense to buy top quality products. This also means if any items to fail etc would be directed to Dixcel themselves even though i've not heard of any failures.

The Carbon items are again as i have to get fibre glass items made up i will own the moulds and instead of just chucking them away or only using them to replace my items when broken why not pass on the opportunity to others. If any of these were broken that would be down to the company that makes them not me, as they where "group buys" I was just being the middle man from LOC to the company in question.

I will put the idea to Dixon but as he is in the process of setting up his own tuning garage and is back and forth to china/japan and racing in the nippon challenge his diary is pretty full.

erm, i didnt know you wasnt making any money from them untill last night...when you called me

erm, i didnt know you wasnt making any money from them untill last night...when you called me

So can we open up the GB's again then?

no because the group buys are still linked through a website, which is selling products for a 3rd party (Club T&C)

I wouldnt have put them in the Group buy sections if i was making any money, but yes i did confirm last night on the phone.

Tango drop me a mail if your after anything.