Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Stereo Woes!

ste123

help! my stereo's packed in and Im after some advice. its not the usual CD player fault, its the radio! it seems like the aerials come detatched somewhere as Im just getting white noise with a faint reception of whatever station its tuned to. Has anyone had similar? is there a connection somewhere thats known to be dodgy? I want to avoid ripping the stereo out if its likely to be a problem at the aerial end!

Any help will be much appreciated. (its a 2000 IS200 sport by the way)

Thanks

Ste

Does your have Sat Nav? if not it's really easy to get the stereo out, dash tray/vents at the top simply pull forward and upwards, you'll see 2 bolts undo those, then your heated seat/trc/snow buttons just pull forward and out 2 more bolts under there and the whole thing lifts out.

Does your have Sat Nav? if not it's really easy to get the stereo out, dash tray/vents at the top simply pull forward and upwards, you'll see 2 bolts undo those, then your heated seat/trc/snow buttons just pull forward and out 2 more bolts under there and the whole thing lifts out.

just out of curiosity, when u mention the seat/trc buttons, is it the buttons themselves that pull out to reveal bolts or is it the whole section where the buttons are fitted?

just out of curiosity, when u mention the seat/trc buttons, is it the buttons themselves that pull out to reveal bolts or is it the whole section where the buttons are fitted?

The unit comes out as a whole but then the buttons push froward out of that.

Well, its bad news today about this! :crying: I checked all the aerial connections to no avail - on the stereo and at the aerial itself. So, I then visited my local car audio shop, who kindly plugged a test aerial into the unit. still no FM signal, so I left the unit with them for testing, got the phonecall today, the tuner units dead, which equates to £145 plus VAT to fix. DOH DOH DOH!

I can't really afford that!

One alternate solution Ive thought of is to try and get hold of someones err3(?) head unit (CD jam) and steal the tuner unit from it? I work in electronics so Im pretty familiar with a soldering iron and small assemblies like car stereos. Question is, would anyone have a head unit with a bust CD unit lying around? anyone?. Ive not rung them back yet to give to go ahead, or not as the case may be, but when I do I may enquire as to wether its the parts or the labour that are costly. But I think for £145 I'll put up with just CD's for a while!

Ste

Question is, would anyone have a head unit with a bust CD unit lying around? anyone?. Ive not rung them back yet to give to go ahead, or not as the case may be, but when I do I may enquire as to wether its the parts or the labour that are costly. But I think for £145 I'll put up with just CD's for a while!

Have a look at this thread :winky:

Question is, would anyone have a head unit with a bust CD unit lying around? anyone?. Ive not rung them back yet to give to go ahead, or not as the case may be, but when I do I may enquire as to wether its the parts or the labour that are costly. But I think for £145 I'll put up with just CD's for a while!

Have a look at this thread :winky:

So much for Mark Levinson audio quality we were all told about when the car was new. My CD packed up with the usual 6 months ago and was quoted £600 to replace. I now have a MP3 player attached through a cassette deck thingy and it works fine. How come a car audio CD unit costs so much when for the same money a domestic CD unit of infinitely higher quality costs so much less?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links