Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Car Just Got Its First Sponsor

P.Lindblom

Hi,

My IS200 won the first prize in its class at a car show this summer. Since then I've been tempted to go for some bigger upgrades. One of them includes repainting the whole car and now I've found a paint shop that are willing to sponsor my car with a new paint job. I've recently fallen in love with a white/black IS on the ISfanatics forums, but the paint shop is specialized in custom paint jobs so the possibilities are more or less endless.

I’m therefore asking you for help, please feel free to post whatever suggestions you have. Thanks :)

white mate!! how abouts a white paint with an unusual pearl fleck?? maybe white with blue fleck?? or gold fleck??

that would deffo be a custom paint job and look the nuts too. also give you the opportunity to get busy with some black/carbon fibre additions and keep the white/black theme looking good..

for example: http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-m...ge-coupe-2.html

congrats by the way :D

Love your link to Pursuit of Perfection, even though i can't read a word of it the pics speak for themselves!

Yes the pics do look great but what do these buttons do where the drink holders use to be :unsure:

p9160004dx9.jpg

Hi,

My IS200 won the first prize in its class at a car show this summer. Since then I've been tempted to go for some bigger upgrades. One of them includes repainting the whole car and now I've found a paint shop that are willing to sponsor my car with a new paint job. I've recently fallen in love with a white/black IS on the ISfanatics forums, but the paint shop is specialized in custom paint jobs so the possibilities are more or less endless.

I’m therefore asking you for help, please feel free to post whatever suggestions you have. Thanks :)

great news mate, i'm sure you can sort a great paint job just dont go over the top :)

Love your link to Pursuit of Perfection, even though i can't read a word of it the pics speak for themselves!

Yes the pics do look great but what do these buttons do where the drink holders use to be :unsure:

There for the newer style inbuilt sat nav mate

Oh, very cool thanks m8, some great mods all round.

As a start I'd watch a good number of episodes of Overhaulin' and use that for ideas - the paint jobs on there always look fantastic :)

I've watched Overhaulin' a lot, at least until the part in the episodes where everyone starts crying and yelling :) Their paintjobs are excellent, but they are so much more complex than they seem. I don't think I could come up with a similar idea, i'm afraid.

white.. definately... but with some subtle yet complimentary pinstriping

That sounds more like my initial idea. I've been in contact with a company that may be able to sponsor my car with a few custom carbon fibre details. White + CF = nice

white mate!! how abouts a white paint with an unusual pearl fleck?? maybe white with blue fleck?? or gold fleck??

that would deffo be a custom paint job and look the nuts too. also give you the opportunity to get busy with some black/carbon fibre additions and keep the white/black theme looking good..

for example: http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-m...ge-coupe-2.html

congrats by the way :D

Thanks, mate. That MF white looks excellent. Since I'm going to carry the paintshop logos they want to go for something head turning, but I don't fancy flames or such, so I wil make sure they make it subtle :)

Congrats mate!!!

I have to agree the "Morning Frost White" on that Aston looks the dogs and I think the IS would look amazing in that!!

NO other colour, except for WHITE....DEFINITE...
That looks a lot like caspian sky.........which I have to agree I like a lot :D
A metallic white is definitely one of the coolest colours around.

Alfa have been doing one for a while called Nuvola white which I like a lot:

http://robson.m3rlin.org/cars/2007/10/29/a...romeo-147-gta-4

That Aston looks amazin, very nice colour indeed ;)

I have to agree. At least some kind of white pearl it will be. Thanks :)

HOT PINK :lol:

Just had a look at some of your work on your link matey Superb keep it up and you'll win plenty more shows.

Thank you, mate :)

Until now I've spent about £8000 on very discrete upgrades. Now It's time to make a few heads turn. Since the IS200 is very rare in Sweden (only 272 of my model year) a lot of companies seems interested in sponsoring my project. I'm looking forward to installing a nice sound system later on.

Actually, one of my first ideas was a similar color, Standox Red Rocket. Amazing effect

94556-922611.jpg

94556-956119.jpg

mercedes black with red metal flake ghost flames - or zx10r electric lightning blue, awesome colour with crazy air brush grpahics

Black is a nice color, but the smallest amount of dust on it ruins the looks instantly :)

I love your Lex & Pics so think u will choose spot on anyway :winky:

& Well Done :winky:

Hi,

great news mate, i'm sure you can sort a great paint job just dont go over the top :)

Thanks! :) I'm glad to hear you like my project.

Exacly. I'm hoping to finish the control panel next weekend. I'll let you know how it turns out.

• 1 month later...

I'd suggest it is worth investing in some colour chips from House of Kolor, these are great (in daylight) for seeing the final effect you can expect. and HOK do make some of the best paint ..... (3 sec clarkson pause) in the world!

Ice white pearls look awesome in the flesh