Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Rip Off Prices

Glyn Davies

Took my car in for a free safety inspection last week to Lexus. When I went to pick it up they tried to charge me 1/2 labour (£47.50 + VAT) I didn't pay it. Then they gave me a report on my brakes - O/S/R Caliper seized new pads and discs needed on rear, no mention of fronts - quote £680.00 - yikes. OK so I get home and take a quick look and see the rear discs look okish but the front ones have lips bigger than Pete Burns...seems they want to take my money and then tell me that I need new fronts...Went online and got mintex pads, new discs and a caliper all for £131.52 so they reckon it costs an extra £550.00 to fit? Biggest problem is there were other items at a total of £2500 and my car is a 96 plate GS300. Then they had the nerve to look all offended when I said I would get back in touch regarding the work.....Shameless. GRRRRRRR....

Took my car in for a free safety inspection last week to Lexus. When I went to pick it up they tried to charge me 1/2 labour (£47.50 + VAT) I didn't pay it. Then they gave me a report on my brakes - O/S/R Caliper seized new pads and discs needed on rear, no mention of fronts - quote £680.00 - yikes. OK so I get home and take a quick look and see the rear discs look okish but the front ones have lips bigger than Pete Burns...seems they want to take my money and then tell me that I need new fronts...Went online and got mintex pads, new discs and a caliper all for £131.52 so they reckon it costs an extra £550.00 to fit? Biggest problem is there were other items at a total of £2500 and my car is a 96 plate GS300. Then they had the nerve to look all offended when I said I would get back in touch regarding the work.....Shameless. GRRRRRRR....

Lexus Stocport :question: if so ? some things never change :o

they looked offended lol, they expected you to cough up a quick £2500 and tell them to get on with it. They really must think the average Lexus owner is a muppet...when i was negotiating for my car they showed me the previous service bill...the bill the service dept had billed the sales room....£1200....was i impressed- no- most of it was for fitting a set of pads and discs.

glad you stood your ground

they looked offended lol, they expected you to cough up a quick £2500 and tell them to get on with it. They really must think the average Lexus owner is a muppet...when i was negotiating for my car they showed me the previous service bill...the bill the service dept had billed the sales room....£1200....was i impressed- no- most of it was for fitting a set of pads and discs.

It gets worse....I asked for a quote for a cambelt change and they forgot to put this on the quotation. The other £1700 was to change an oil seal on the steering rack and a seal on some part of the engine. I wouldn't mind but they didn't notice the 12 inch triangular chunk missing out of the front bumper which would have added another £600 for new bumper and paint. They were very kind though and said I could have the brakes done first and then move onto the less serious stuff like an oil leak............Honestly you could have written a comedy sketch out of it cos I am so dry with my humour they didn't realise I was taking the proverbial.....they even employed good service manager/bad service manager routine when a colleague piped up to offer support. I said that the car only cost me a grand and they said "yes but its only done 64,000 miles" - the carpet has a big hole in it because the previous owner didn't see it necessary to have a mat on the drivers side and rested his 20 odd stone heel on it wearing a hole right through to the chassis. The back window keeps going down on its own and the back fog lights have been wired into the back lights so I had to take the bulbs out....their prognosis was that I needed two bulbs...these were sat in the armrest. The drivers seat stiching has come apart in two places (see 20 stone driver) and there are more dents in the car than on those tin cans you get at the fairground shooting ranges. All together I reckon they would have taken about £6,000 off me in the next few months or so. Oh something else they offered to do for free was to replace a number plate bulb, well actually only the labour, I had to pay for the part. I deceided to buy one and do it myself - 50p. Suppose they call this added value in their team meetings....LMAO Maybe I will get all the work done and ask them for a £7,000 part exchange on a newer model.

I am not at liberty to say but as I live in Stockport I would say that is a very good guess...........lol. I wouldn't like to say in case I get sued or something and it costs me £thousands and I still have no brakes, engine oil seal, bulbs, steering rack seal, etc etc.,

I am not at liberty to say but as I live in Stockport I would say that is a very good guess...........lol. I wouldn't like to say in case I get sued or something and it costs me £thousands and I still have no brakes, engine oil seal, bulbs, steering rack seal, etc etc.,

Service man Paul ?

Service man Paul ?

No...woman and she wasn't called Paul.........lol

It gets worse....I asked for a quote for a cambelt change and they forgot to put this on the quotation. The other £1700 was to change an oil seal on the steering rack and a seal on some part of the engine. I wouldn't mind but they didn't notice the 12 inch triangular chunk missing out of the front bumper which would have added another £600 for new bumper and paint. They were very kind though and said I could have the brakes done first and then move onto the less serious stuff like an oil leak............Honestly you could have written a comedy sketch out of it cos I am so dry with my humour they didn't realise I was taking the proverbial.....they even employed good service manager/bad service manager routine when a colleague piped up to offer support. I said that the car only cost me a grand and they said "yes but its only done 64,000 miles" - the carpet has a big hole in it because the previous owner didn't see it necessary to have a mat on the drivers side and rested his 20 odd stone heel on it wearing a hole right through to the chassis. The back window keeps going down on its own and the back fog lights have been wired into the back lights so I had to take the bulbs out....their prognosis was that I needed two bulbs...these were sat in the armrest. The drivers seat stiching has come apart in two places (see 20 stone driver) and there are more dents in the car than on those tin cans you get at the fairground shooting ranges. All together I reckon they would have taken about £6,000 off me in the next few months or so. Oh something else they offered to do for free was to replace a number plate bulb, well actually only the labour, I had to pay for the part. I deceided to buy one and do it myself - 50p. Suppose they call this added value in their team meetings....LMAO Maybe I will get all the work done and ask them for a £7,000 part exchange on a newer model.

thats hilarious :lol: did you get a free coffee and a chocolate served up by the reception wench...cmon thats the only reason you took it in isnt it :D

I had Lexus dealer try to charge me 23 quid to replace a rear light bulb.

Was never gonna happen!

They changed it for free in the end as it was on the ramps after a service (I wonder why the service never picked it up!) and it was holding up the other cars.

And yes all Dealers (no matter what the car) appear to think all drivers cash cow muppets!

• 1 year later...

just reading this post and its quite interesting. I don't know a great deal about replacing parts on cars or what to look for to identify things that need replacing, so I took my car into Lexus Stockport for a quick check up. I came out of there and was told that my brakes were 95% worn and that I needed new discs and pads all round as well as a new shock absorber because there was oil on the outside of one of them. total quote £850 which doesn't sound too bad for all the work. is the brake story at stockport lexus a common one? is there a good independent in the manchester area that can give a second opinon?

Cheers.

just reading this post and its quite interesting. I don't know a great deal about replacing parts on cars or what to look for to identify things that need replacing, so I took my car into Lexus Stockport for a quick check up. I came out of there and was told that my brakes were 95% worn and that I needed new discs and pads all round as well as a new shock absorber because there was oil on the outside of one of them. total quote £850 which doesn't sound too bad for all the work. is the brake story at stockport lexus a common one? is there a good independent in the manchester area that can give a second opinon?

Cheers.

it seems old habits die hard. just got a second opinion and the fronts do need doing. the rears however are fine with very little wear and i was told that there are already new pads on the back! so Lexus Stockport basically quoted be double what I needed - surely they can do better than this!

Cheers.

it seems old habits die hard. just got a second opinion and the fronts do need doing. the rears however are fine with very little wear and i was told that there are already new pads on the back! so Lexus Stockport basically quoted be double what I needed - surely they can do better than this!

That is very naughty, akin to a back street garage not a Lexus dealer!