Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Glyn

Its a tricky job.

You need long thin fingers and be prepared to skin your knuckles.

The bulbs are those silly 501 jobs.

I have only ever had to change one bulb in mine during the 6 years I have owned mine.

The bulb is located just to the left of the headlamp bulb as you look at the car (thats assuming the drivers side is at fault).

I can't remember if you have to remove the waterproof rubber shield or not over the headlamp bulb.

You just have to guage where the bulb is by feeling roughly where it might be by looking at the headlight face on.

Sounds daft but its the only way to do it.

Just wait till a rear brake light bulb goes, to replace that you have to take the whole rear lamp cluster off!

Easiest way is to remove the single philips screw from the indicator (if you look at the top outside corner of the headlamp unit you will see a narrow black plastic "strap" coming across from the indicator with the screw in it). Remove the indicator by sliding it forward and out and you will see a long grey rubber bulb holder (with two wires going into it) at the back of the headlamp unit. Turn it about an 8th of a turn (can't remember which way but probably anticlockwise) and pull it out. As mentioned above, just pull out the 501 type bulb and push the new one in. Put the indicator back on and screw up, job done. Hope that helps.

Just had to change mine - and managed it without removing anything. Very tight on the hands,and very fiddly to get the bulb holder back in the lamp, but all possible. May be so much easier with the indicator removed..... I'd try it that way now.

Rear lights are easy enough, you just need a deep reach 10mm socket, remove the 4 nuts behind the 20mm diameter plastic caps in the boot trim panel and the whole lamp will pull out with a bit of a wiggle.

Just a word of caution...... dont drop the nuts, they are not standard M6 as you would think with an 10mm spanner, but something a bit smaller. Not standard as far as I can see, so keep all four!

Rear lamps are standard 21W bulbs for the brake and indicator, and a 501 blade 5W for the side lamps.

Cheers

Tony

Just had to change mine - and managed it without removing anything. Very tight on the hands,and very fiddly to get the bulb holder back in the lamp, but all possible. May be so much easier with the indicator removed..... I'd try it that way now.

Rear lights are easy enough, you just need a deep reach 10mm socket, remove the 4 nuts behind the 20mm diameter plastic caps in the boot trim panel and the whole lamp will pull out with a bit of a wiggle.

Just a word of caution...... dont drop the nuts, they are not standard M6 as you would think with an 10mm spanner, but something a bit smaller. Not standard as far as I can see, so keep all four!

Rear lamps are standard 21W bulbs for the brake and indicator, and a 501 blade 5W for the side lamps.

Cheers

Tony

Hiya Tony/Guys

I did mine by taking off the indicator lens which meant I had more room. It took me about 3 minutes in total so an easy job,

Thanks for the advice everyone....

Glyn

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links