Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oh ****. Could Be The End Of That One...

EDIT: PICS IN POST no. 30

Well this may be it.

Had 'incident' last night. Don't think I wanna go into it. But the result is a smashed up Lexus.

I don't know what to do with myself, almost crying now.

Can't bear to look at it in the light but think it's bonnet, bumper, wing, headlight, maybe wheel - for starters. I can't afford to fix it and may be a write off.

Before ya ask, I'll get pics at some point.

Really, so gutted.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two options, fix it, or replace it.

Fixing will be expensive £££££££££££££££, but i want my baby back.

Or , I could just borrow more money, buy the Black on e I wanted in the first place, and transfer parts?

Still...****!

Cheers guys.

Sorry to hear that matey and hope you can get it sorted? :(

Not sure if it's savable or not, will have a good look after work. If I take some pics then you guys can see what ya think.

The worst part is, I cant blame anyone else, it was my own stupid fault.

Can I claim on insurance? Guess it's my fault as nobody else involved. I wasn't was driving round a corner in the wet, and must have hit some leaves or something? By the time I realised what was going on I was wrapped around a lamp post!

Cheers guys.
Sorry to hear that matey and hope you can get it sorted? :(

Not sure if it's savable or not, will have a good look after work. If I take some pics then you guys can see what ya think.

The worst part is, I cant blame anyone else, it was my own stupid fault.

Can I claim on insurance because I wasn't paying attention and cornering too fast in the wet?

Commiserations regards the Lexus, Gutted for you remember bits of metal can always be replaced but you cant!

Commiserations regards the Lexus, Gutted for you remember bits of metal can always be replaced but you cant!

Yes, very correct mate. But was relatively low speed, no chance of injury. You can still get quite attached to those bits of metal, and and will cost thousands to put right!

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRHHHH!

Oh man, sorry to hear that. Yep you can claim off insurance even if it was just you involved, obviously it's a fault claim but if you have protected NCB shouldn't be a big problem. Technically you need to report it even if you don't claim.

I really hope you manage to sort it, and be thankful that you weren't injured in any way :)

Thats what the Police said 2 me but i didnt care about me i was more botherd about the Lexus :crybaby:

Thats what the Police said 2 me but i didnt care about me i was more botherd about the Lexus :crybaby:

never a good fealing when you crash,sorry to here the bad news,but least if you are full comp on insurance you can get something sorted out.once again gutted for you

Oh man, sorry to hear that. Yep you can claim off insurance even if it was just you involved, obviously it's a fault claim but if you have protected NCB shouldn't be a big problem. Technically you need to report it even if you don't claim.

It's not protected, but only one year anyway so not a big issue. How much detail will they want on what happened? It was all my fault and was driving like a bit of a fool. No witnesses though, except my mate so suppose can tell them whatever? Never made a claim before so don't know how it works!

Too right. I'd rather I'd broken a limb or something and the car was OK. Not a fan of pain, but at least that would heal itself! For free.

Guest inicol63

Sorry to hear you bad news.

On the insurance side before making a claim make sure that your mods have been added to your policy.

If not get them off before claiming or they will not pay out..

Hope it is not as bad as you first thought...

Ian

Sorry to hear you bad news.

On the insurance side before making a claim make sure that your mods have been added to your policy.

If not get them off before claiming or they will not pay out..

Thanks man. I have charger, teins, exhaust and wheels on the policy (IIRC, will check). Will they be bothered about other minor mods that don't affect performance?

It's too late to start changing things on the insurance now, otherwise you'd also have to change the date of the accident too (e.g. you can't phone them up and say "I want to add x and y to my policy, and oh yeah, I had a crash").

Best to declare everything up-front and let the insurance company do the deciding on what they need to be bothered with and what they don't.

Hope that you get a good resolution on this.