Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Mum Has Died

Tony-Bones

Tony i really feel for you mate

It is never a right time when it happens.

i lost my Dad when i was just 16 Heart attack

My brother lost his wife in July to a brain hemmerage she was only 51

that really shocked us all, as it was so suddern

My thoughts are with you and your family at this time.

Matt Boyce

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So so sorry to read this Tony, really hope you're all ok but know you're probably going to feel like someone has really winded you for a long time.

All the best, I'll be thinking of you all and will see you soon, take care mate

i must read like a right soppy sod but losing your one and only mum is something no one can prepare for.

No one will think that mate, as you say it's something you cannot prepare for and it's one of the things that will hit you so hard.........it sounds like you were very close, as others have said try to focus on all the good memories and make sure you feel everything you need to feel......

We're all here as that virtual shoulder to cry on so as Chris says there's no need to thank us :)

im so sorry to hear this tony.

things do get easier with time and they are never forgotten.

i too lost my mum a few years ago to cancer. i also couldnt be with her at the end either. u made the right desision even tho i do ask myself if i did or not sometimes.

keep ur chin up and i hope things feel a little easier to deal with soon.

neil

My appologies for not replying sooner.......I have not been around for a short while..

I can only say I am very sorry for your loss Tony.

We knew you had to leave us

We watched you fade away.

We tried so hard to keep you,

You tried so hard to stay.

But when we saw you sleeping,

So peaceful without pain.

We knew we could not wish you back,

to suffer pain again.

.........words that were put on my nans headstone....

All the best Tony

Rob, Kaz & Connor

Deeply and Truly moved , Tony for his loss and for the quality of You people to give such wonderful and heart felt words , I like wozza....lost my Dad to cancer at 18 probably when a boy needs him the most , he was 57 and I was lost . remember the good times Tony and save a smile . Gone but never forgotten .

Best wishes and prayers for you mate .

Regards

Paul.

Tony I have really felt for you reading this post and have thought on a number of occasions about replying, but I know all we can offer is support even if its virtual.

I like others on here have had more than my fair share of heartache and loss, my Dad died when I was 11 from a heart attack, my best friend lost his 18 month son and then 2 years ago my only sister (36) after battling cancer died from an enlarged heart caused by the cancer medication. She had spent 16 weeks in intensive care amazing as they thought she wouldn't last the weekend. She couldn't get a heart transplant as you have to be free from cancer for 3 years and when they finally told her that they didn't think she would survive the op to fit an artificial heart, she gave up.

I have great moments of guilt, especially on her last day as the hospital (London) phoned me to come (not the first time) and I reluctantly went only to arrive 5 minutes late. I am also sheding a tear while writing this, but deep down I believe that all those that have passed away would want us to carry on and to enjoy and make the most of our lives.

I am sure your Mum would want you to move on, not forget, but move on as a stronger person and continue to enjoy life for what it is.

Thanks for the opportunity to have my say.

• 2 weeks later...

We laid mum to rest today....

Do not stand at my grave and weep;

I am not there. I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.

I am the diamond glints on snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain.

I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you awaken in the morning's hush

I am the swift uplifting rush

Of quiet birds in circled flight.

I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry,

I am not there. I did not die.

Good night mum, i love you forever......

Sorry, missed this thread! I'm useless at things like this, never know what to say or what to do, but i sincerely hope you will find the strength to carry on and don't give up with what life has to offer. Cherish what you have and what is around you now. I'm sure your mum don't wish for you to be unhappy as she gazes down from the heavens above. Make her proud, be strong! RIP Mrs Bones!

The Poem came from one of the members and although it brings a tear to my eye to read i hope in my heart of hearts it's true.

As odd as it may seem to want to share this type of post in a public forum i needed to do it because LOC really is my friend, we help each other when things go wrong, we celebrate when they don't, we rejoice together for birthdays and the birth of children and in my case lend support during your darkest hours.

I really want to extend my thanks to LOC members, you have displayed passionate support proving this is more than a car club, this is a community of people looking after their members like brother and sister....

I have special thanks to the moderator team but in particular Wozza....... Never have i met such an ambassador for LOC or indeed the human race, with visual support here, email and on the phone far exceeded the call of duty, he even offered to come to the funeral and lend a supporting hug.

I'm humbled to have such friends...... Thank you LOC.

im glad the poem helped tony,god bless

It did thank you...... I pondered whether i could be brave enough to read it at her funeral.... I wasn't but it did help me gain solace with myself.

It's amazing how words cleverly constructed can force such emotion.

im glad the poem helped tony,god bless

It did thank you...... I pondered whether i could be brave enough to read it at her funeral.... I wasn't but it did help me gain solace with myself.

It's amazing how words cleverly constructed can force such emotion.

it was more af a statement for me instead of a poem that helped