Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Creeking Noise's From The Front Suspension

dibsLPG

Hi guys, Need some urgent advise please? :winky:

My baby is poorly :crybaby: and making noises (creeking ect.) when i turn or go over any bumps.. Starting to wary that it might be the Wishbones or bushes. The wheels seem fine no play or juddering etc.. The Shockers bounce correctly when pushed no noises when full lock only small creeking from the front end (soulds lik a old door opening fromt hem horor movies and it could do with a shot of oil). :crying:

Panicing not sue if i should drive it anymore incase it fall's off or something.. Any advise is greatlyfully Appriciated ;)

Dibs

i have a very simular problem... and i dont know what it is either

The noise is getting more frequent and i thing its the front Pass-side Shocker, when I bounce it it makes the noise and turning and stopping etc.. makes the noise too. so when it's under stress its squeaking (poorly mouse :lol: )

So going to have a ring round to find out the price for two front shockers, And tonight take it to a mechanic for a diagnoses. :shutit: :tsktsk:

Will post back with findings :winky:

Dibs

B)

I rang the Dealers and spoke to the parts section (Leeds) must say very helpful and after a long chat we think its the Top suspension mounting bush which connects the leg to the body :D . basicly the three bolts holding down the suspension leg which you can see fromthe engine bay. there is a bush in the middle of it (centre bolt) which might be the one and guess what it's a dealer part only and cost £59 + vat.. :crybaby:

so going to have it properly looked at and hopefully replaced over the weekend. will post back.

Dibs

hmm not familualr with that part, i changed my shocks and dont remember seeing a bush at the top????

This was another symptom of my dodgy ball joint, if you can give it a quick check.

Dodgy ball joint ? its booked in for a check-up and i will point him in the right direction.. I did have a look at the parts diagram and there is nothing on top of the shockers.. :question::whistling:

this is the second time i have taken it to him, each time it stopped making the noise when he drove it.. :tsktsk: .. Only seem to do it when i am driving it or the mrs's.. darn car must be scared of the doctor's .. :shutit: :tsktsk:

So this time he will take it up on the ramp and give it a good going over, so thanks for the tip and i will tell him to take a look there too. :winky:

Cheers

Dibs

Check the upper wishbone bushings.

The mechanic had it on the ramp and could not find anything :crybaby: either he is naff and not familiar with the Lexus or most likely too busy to do a proper check.. any pointer please its sounding like an old banger and getting very embarrassing driving round.. Stopping off to a second opinion.

i will point out the wishbone joint and ball joint for a examination.

Dibs

• 2 weeks later...

Right 2 mechanic gave it the once over. :winky: 1st had it on the ramp and poked and prodded looked at he wishbones, the ball joints the bearing etc.. pulled and spun the wheels etcc.. and not a creek or grind out of the car.. :crybaby: :tsktsk: Puzzled he said bring it back when it gets worse. :shutit: Nothing to worry about since they is nothing serious under the car so safe to drive.

2nd mechanic.(20+ years experience with Jap cars) wife takes it in and he heard the notorious creaking noise and then tries the steering and it creeks and grinds etc.. so bring it back in the morning for a through inspection. She drops it off and after three hours or so rings back and CAN NOT FIND THE FAULT. he had it up on the ramp and tested everything and not a peep out of the car. :tsktsk: . then he left it running to warm it up and back on the ramp for the second time and still not a peep. :crybaby:

SO I'm Still confused and getting frustrated that two very experienced mechanics can not get to the bottom of this creaking noise coming from the front suspension. :shutit: :tsktsk: :crybaby:

It sound as if the something is dried out and rubbing, or need oiling etc..and sticking, rubbing creaking. You can hear it outside when you are driving along. :tomato:

Any ADVISE is welcome please? :crybaby:

Dibs

park on a smooth surface and open the front windows and with the engine running lock the wheels left to right a few times....

hear anything?

I have tried that and no noise. so not the stearing or the CV joint me thinks.. Thied the smooth road test too and no diff, still make a noise when moving or going over bumps.. Keep the advise coming please.. :whistling:

Cheers

Dibs

RESULT :D :)

Finally got to the bottom of the problem Thanks to Leeds Lexus. great Service must say :D

Booked it in for a check up after chatting to the service guy who said pop down over lunch time and he will take it up the ramp to take a look.

Parked up and left the key in his hand, waited, was offered tea, coffee or biscuits etc.. by the very nice (fit) receptionist.. ;) 45mins later a report was written out and handed over identifying the problem and the cost of the repair’s. Said thank you and left before looking at the price and the faults found. Braised my self and open the sheet.

Both Front Lower Ball Joints excess play & Anti Roll bar bushes worn. :o :sick:

Advised to replace both sets and the cost for parts and repair: £465.82 + VAT. Luckily I was sitting in the car at the time.

Poped across to the parts section and inquired about the parts

Ball joints are £45.84 each and the Bushes £10.77 + VAT

So left with a smile and ordered the Ball Joints from a local parts shop for £38 inc. (same as dealers since the supplier is the same) delivered with-in 3 hours. But the bushes are Dealer part only so order them in and 2 days to deliver.what the hell they never keep anything in. :duh:

Booked it in to the mechanic and hopefully all done over the weekend for £50 + parts.

Cheers for the suggestions and hopefully this will help others in the same boat. :)

Dibs

hope it fixes it...do you mind reporting back after the work has been done to see if its sorted....im intrigued as to why the other mechanics failed to spot such an obvious problem....and Lexus were quick to hit you with a £450 + quote...

also the mechanic who's doing the work..has he had a look and does he agree?

the reason i mention this is that Lexus did an awful lot of work on my car trying to solve a suspension noise and it achieved the square route of zero...luckily i didnt have to pay.

I really do hope it sorts your problem and I admire the way you snaffled the biccies /coffee got the quote and bid them farewell :lol:

This is interesting, I have a similar problem :(

My car has been damaged on the front right corner by the previous owner (suspension only not bodywork), I've had quite a few suspension components replaced, but it still has some suspension noises from that corner. In normal driving it is fine. But when I drive off my drive and down the ramp onto the road, I hear one or more quiet clunks. If I put full left lock on then I hear noises when I brake to a stop.

Is this anything like the same?

I have spent a fortune on fixing things, but there is still a problem and I think it will be a pain to get to the bottom of it :(

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links