Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alternator

carlb

hi

am having some big problems at mo with my is200 auto :tsktsk: whereby it wont start properly last few days as in weak start and only just starting. once it starts Battery level is low and gradually goes up. drove couple of miles last week at night with lights on etc and Battery level was dipping and eventually died and was an AA job. have fairly good subwoofer etc but nothing major but have been keeping this off to lighten the load etc which is boring on way to work :crybaby: . the AA guy said looks like alternator anyone have an idea where i can pick one up cheap as looking on web they seem pretty expensive and its nearly christmas !!

thanks

Carl

erm Battery is fairly new and still in good condition. if the alternator is faulty would the engine warning light not come on as it hasnt again. it did come on along with the flashing trc off light i reset the ecu by taking the Battery out to check charge a couple of weeks ago but the lights have not come back on so cannot get a code reading but in meantime am having what seems to be an electronic problem with the alternator or something?

cheers