• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

pmsl @ the Stig last nite on the NTA :lol:

I watched that was really funny!! :lol:

Yeah your right about time if you go on the top gear web site you can watch the

trailer for it have alook

Please help, I can't find anything on the Top Gear web-site refering to the IS F being on the programme, do you have a link?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

this is the link...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00fys1m

this is the quote from their page:

Motoring news and views from the usual team. Richard Hammond celebrates the 40th birthday of the iconic Ferrari Daytona by taking one back to its spiritual home on the Riviera before attempting to beat James May and a multi-million pound power boat in a race from Portofino to St Tropez.

[b]Meanwhile, back in the UK Jeremy Clarkson is out on the test track testing the new BMW M3 saloon against a young pretender from Japan, the Lexus IS-F. Top Gear also tackles a political hot potato as Richard attempts to find the best sort of bus for British city streets by getting together everything from hopper to bendy bus and then having a race with them. Plus, Grand Designs presenter Kevin McCloud is the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car.

problem is that JC will never allow an ISF to beat an M3 as he really doesn't like Toyota....and they had to cheat on 5th gear as well....let see if thye mention the radar, reversing camera and all those other toys you just don't get on the M3...

When you say 5th Gear cheated what do you mean exactly, the reason being I watched the test between the F and the M3 and I also got the impression they were being very biased towards the M3?

I also came across this review by Richard Hammond a while back and it’s very much in favour of the F.

Please see http://www.mirror.co.uk/advice/motoring/ha...89520-20386328/

Should be an interesting comparison, but on performance perhaps the M3 will have the edge as I took the local stealership's IS-F for a test drive a few weeks ago and the sales guy told me he couldn't match his mate in an M3. Perhaps he's a crap driver, but I thought at the time it wasn't the best ploy to persuade me to buy the car :lol:

with ref to the "cheating" of 5th gear what I meant was that the ISF had the M3 beaten in their silly girls in the back test so Plato kept on going mad in the beema until the scores let the M3 win.

In truth I would probably agree that the M3 is slightly quicker round a track than my beloved ISF which now sports a new registration plate "LEX 15F" (drool) making my previous reg of L3XSF (was spaced as L3XS F) needing to be sold.

Having said that I think the Lexus wins hands down for equipment, comfort and most definately with regards to engine note/noise...pure addictive fun.

I am glad it is JC doing the review and I just pray he loves it as much as me.

He said the suspension is rock hard! So what's your opinion Looney?? :unsure:

when my is350 was being road tested by Car magazine they also had an IS-F in....he said the suspension was to hard for the road but not right for the track either...........

maybe lexus should consider some form of edfc (electronic damping control ) so driver can adjust that from within car when driving ?..........................I do know TOM's are about to launch a set of lower body chassis braces for the IS-F which may help....they are also about to supercharge one :whistling:

I am glad it is JC doing the review and I just pray he loves it as much as me.

:eerrrmm: Is that the same self-opinionated a**e that says we are all "Dorks" if we drive a Lexus?

He said the suspension is rock hard! So what's your opinion Looney?? :unsure:

After watching it go round their track it didn't look hard enough in my opinion... :unsure:

As Prolex said they deffo need a variable setting

In truth I would probably agree that the M3 is slightly quicker round a track than my beloved ISF which now sports a new registration plate "LEX 15F" (drool) making my previous reg of L3XSF (was spaced as L3XS F) needing to be sold.

Whata Reg :winky:

PMSL !!!!

Ever wonder what Stig's Morse Code Messages are ?

I had a look on the web and found it.

On the first episode while testing the Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4, Stig says....

“Strictly Come Dancing is crap”

and

“I love cheese”

On the second episode, driving the Abarth 500.

“I VOTED ROSS PEROT”

and

“ME SMELL CATS”

Then last night on the ISF.

‘TOO MANY GEARS’

and

‘I LIKE MR SULU’

PMSL !!!!

Ever wonder what Stig's Morse Code Messages are ?

I had a look on the web and found it.

On the first episode while testing the Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4, Stig says....

“Strictly Come Dancing is crap”

and

“I love cheese”

On the second episode, driving the Abarth 500.

“I VOTED ROSS PEROT”

and

“ME SMELL CATS”

Then last night on the ISF.

‘TOO MANY GEARS’

and

‘I LIKE MR SULU’

very good :lol: