Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Complaint (bradford / Leeds)

tonygo

To be honest I'd sell the car and put this behind you as soon as possible, but if you want to continue with the car

so you can get to the bottom of all this, I do understand.

Would be good if you could book the car into another Lexus Service dept, and tell a litle white lie saying your local

mechanic says I need this, this and this doing, and could they check if it does need doing an also an estimate for the work, ask them to quote in writing......

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonygo I for one am happy that matters have started to resolve themselves for you, however you appear to be far too caught up on the opinions and judgments of individuals.

The opinion expressed by an independent, third party MOT tester is just that, an opinion. If you take the same vehicle to a number of different garages, then you will get a range of opinions as the MOT is quite subjective.

Turning specifically to your contention about the differential fitted to your car - whether it be new or reconditioned - has to meet certain QA standards before it can be re-issued. Take water pumps for example. You hand your old unit in and 'buy' a reconditioned unit from your dealer. Same goes for drive shafts and many other major components. The unit you buy isn't 'spanking factory fresh new' it is reconditioned and you accept that this part is 'as new'. Thats perfectly normal and I guess this is how the diff. is in your RX. Not quite possible to get a factory never used brand new virgin diff. - it is impracticable - so you get the next best thing, a reconditioned unit fully stripped down and rebuilt by Lexus. if Lexus warrant it, they warrant. As has been posted before, no-one would want to put their name to something if they thought it'd be risky.

One last thought I want to leave you with: The MOT Tester suggested the diff. is reconditioned - lets take that as beign the truth. Did your car pass its MOT? If it did, then isn;t it safe to drive? Otherwise why would he have passed it?

Be safe in the knowledge that your car is roadworthy, it has been fixed correctly and put this whole episode behind you.

Yes this does seem to be going away from you, you have got some of the charges cancelled, the car is safe to drive ( even if the brakes need doing first although you don't say that ). I'd be interested to know how somebody can say a diff. seems to be a recon. unit without dismantling and inspection and even then I doubt you could tell unless of course there was a tag on the outside that said so, this was never the difference of opinion though as you believed it was from a written off car.

I'd be inclined, as the previous poster suggests, get the safety issue resolved and part exchange it somewhere away from your area.

The opinion expressed by an independent, third party MOT tester is just that, an opinion. If you take the same vehicle to a number of different garages, then you will get a range of opinions as the MOT is quite subjective.

Lexus Bradford tried told me to get a third party opinion, and tried to hold my car to ransom to prevent me getting one. I have got one, and it does not help their position.

Turning specifically to your contention about the differential fitted to your car - whether it be new or reconditioned - has to meet certain QA standards before it can be re-issued. Take water pumps for example. You hand your old unit in and 'buy' a reconditioned unit from your dealer. Same goes for drive shafts and many other major components. The unit you buy isn't 'spanking factory fresh new' it is reconditioned and you accept that this part is 'as new'. Thats perfectly normal and I guess this is how the diff. is in your RX. Not quite possible to get a factory never used brand new virgin diff. - it is impracticable - so you get the next best thing, a reconditioned unit fully stripped down and rebuilt by Lexus. if Lexus warrant it, they warrant. As has been posted before, no-one would want to put their name to something if they thought it'd be risky.

As I have said before - I take no issue with reconditioned parts that have gone through a proper QA process and are fully warranted. Had I been offered that in the first place, that would not have been an issue. However, that has not happened here. Lexus GB claim to have provided a brand new part to Leeds. The Bradford (ex-Leeds) mechanic has alleged Leeds provided them a unit recovered from a vehicle in a serious accident. So what has happened to the brand new unit? What, if any, QA process has the recovered differential gone though? And why the need to cover it all up?

been watching this with some interest for a while,i think the way you have been treated is well out of order and should never have happened, good luck to you if you take further action, also get in touch with the local press as they are ripping people off quoting for work that isnt required,

i think most people reading this would think twice about using this lexus approved dealer?

Guest inicol63

I have been reading this thread with interest.

But if the vehicle was new or used, then you would have upto three years warrenty left with Lexus.

So why have you not claimed on this or am i making a mistake?

I do wish you the very best in getting your car back to were it should be "road legal".

Ian

been watching this with some interest for a while,i think the way you have been treated is well out of order and should never have happened, good luck to you if you take further action, also get in touch with the local press as they are ripping people off quoting for work that isnt required,

i think most people reading this would think twice about using this lexus approved dealer?

I agree this is an issue for the local press...... they have still not replied within their own timescale of 1 week.

Lexus Bradford tried told me to get a third party opinion, and tried to hold my car to ransom to prevent me getting one. I have got one, and it does not help their position.

As I have said before - I take no issue with reconditioned parts that have gone through a proper QA process and are fully warranted. Had I been offered that in the first place, that would not have been an issue. However, that has not happened here. Lexus GB claim to have provided a brand new part to Leeds. The Bradford (ex-Leeds) mechanic has alleged Leeds provided them a unit recovered from a vehicle in a serious accident. So what has happened to the brand new unit? What, if any, QA process has the recovered differential gone though? And why the need to cover it all up?

Theres a little trick to this that no one usually knows and it causes all sorts of hassle, but it depends if you want to go down that route. Lexus/Toyota are hugely into TQM or the next incarnation of quality management. Due to the quality system ANYONE can ask for the paperwork to issue a quality occurance report, (if they don't give it report them to the ISO awarding body). The act of initiating this will make a huge paper trail about the parts and if they really have messed up collapse the quality system in the area that went wrong. The Japanese are very protective over quality so it would probably be a curveball they aren't expecting.

There must be an auditable trail for this part so find it but rather than customer services go straight to Quality Management at corporate headquarters.

• 2 weeks later...
Issue a writ and name everyone involved that you have spoken to or dealt with in that writ (including Settle)

You'll be surprised how quickly the problem will be sorted!!

The Ed

There as been a awful lot of time spent on this subject by you and I presume you have spent a lot of the time of staff at lexus ,But there is a fundamental flaw in your strategy,You have involved far too many people and have become the ball they are all kicking around the car park when it becomes a nuisance.If you have a comlaint stick to one person until you get satisfaction otherwise you spread the load and nobody gives in .

• 2 weeks later...

Blimey.

read this post for the first time today and I get the impression it's not one problem you have but a set of different problems. i would not wish to swap these problems. the new/used car issue seems to be a bone of contention and there seems to be a fine line between brand new and new with the delivery mileage. are these cars sold only in order to increase sales on pre-registered cars? . smart sales has got a lot to answer for and TBH you must have been happy with what you paid for your car or you would not of bought it, if the sales people lied to you then that of course is a different story. regarding the diff that was alledgly recovered off of a write off can I ask (ignorance sorry) it does seem an ususal part that needs replacing and how anyone can know it came off a written off model beggars belief. I work with some awful people (dont we all?) whose opinions I dont value but they get them aired and i have to re-address them but I dont want to go off topic. There is a question of morals and under no circumstances would I willingly buy a part from a car that was involved in a serious injury in a write off or any part given a choice - no high impact does any car any favours. many years ago I worked in a breakers yard and never did we get a visit from a main dealer for a part, the damage would be irreversible to their reputation and no main dealer would take the risk, generally speaking a write off is sold to those that will buy it and that's not a main dealer. obviously your entitled to a premium service and it does seem awafully compicated but fighting two battles at once wont solve anything fast. good luck in resolving the issue.

May,

• 1 month later...