Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyres

Tony-Bones

price and recommendation for me, currently running Eagle F1's which are excellent but from talking with yourself Tony you say these are discontinued? What would be your recommendations on tyres? Toyo T1R's?

Hi. new to the forum. I had new Eagle F1's "V Tread" Tyres fitted, and I have a problem with the steering. Took car to Edinburgh dealer who says these tyres are not suitable for the front. Has anyone any thoughts on this?

I've just gone on the strength of 1 but in the past it's been brand loyalty to Vredestein (which was actually started on recommendation from a mate who works in the trade)

Had Contis, Michelins, etc. but Vredestein beat them all on my 200sx

I'd Say 1 and 2.

I want a tyre that has good grip in both wet and dry, be nice to be quiet and have a fair life too. (Yeah I want the world too)

I did have Michelin Sports, but they were going to fail the MOT........(Tyres were splitting around the circumference....)

Ended up getting 2xDunlop Sport 9000s fitted (not my personal choice, but I dont think are too bad a tyre)

I am the same:

1. Recommendaion

When looking for tyres I do lots of research on owners clubs, look at magazine tests, website tyre ranking sites etc. I am not scared of trying lesser known brands if I have had enough recommendations from people that actually have the same tyre on the same or similar car as sime. Thats why I went for Vesdestein Ultrac Sessanta tyres for the Aristo (and the thread pattern looks great :blush:); I could have gone with the older Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 for a similar price but I really heard great things about the Ultrac Sessanta Tyres - especually in the wet! Based on reasearch for the BMW I went for Falken FK-452 and don't regret it.

2. Price

Obviously price is important, but no way would I blindly just get a tyre I hadn't heard of just because it was cheap; like I said earlier as long as the tyre is recommended then the price comes into play :)

Tyres are quite an investment nowadays so i wonder what is the deciding factor for your purchase?

Is it

1: Recommendation

2: Price

3: Like for like replacement

4: Style statement

Hi,

For me, the first place to go is to the "Which!" website and see which ones are a best buy.

Money is not usually that important, within reason.

Style over substance is not something that works for me, but it might have done when I was younger, I admit.

Very happy with the tyres I have on at the moment, Bridgestone Potenzas, much quieter than the official Lexus tyres.

I don't go drifting, so can't tell whether the balls out performance is up to much though!

Nev

• 1 month later...

its usually 2 then 1 for me

but 3 came into play when i wasnt happy with the garage that repaired my car put on a cheap nasty tyre called a automotion or something.

had them change it to a Nexen N6000 as Nexen N3000's that i had arnt available now, since then ive bought another N6000 and put both the new tyres on the back

So sitting in my garage is a part worn N3000 lol

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Has anyone tried Dunlop SP Sport Maxx tyres. I've always had Dunlop SP Sport 9000 tyres on my IS200SE as these were what it came with from new.

I need new tyres on the front and was thinking of trying the Maxx tyres this time.

Thanks

What would be your recommendations on tyres? Toyo T1R's?

I think Tony now recommends the F1 Asymmetrics now that the GSD3's are discontinued (I will be getting some F1A's fitted on Saturday). The T1R's are still a good choice.

Discontinued? I just got a pair of GSD3 245 40 18s on the rear. Got them from a local dealer but they seem widely available on the net.

Malc

What would be your recommendations on tyres? Toyo T1R's?

I think Tony now recommends the F1 Asymmetrics now that the GSD3's are discontinued (I will be getting some F1A's fitted on Saturday). The T1R's are still a good choice.

Discontinued? I just got a pair of GSD3 245 40 18s on the rear. Got them from a local dealer but they seem widely available on the net.

Malc

Uniroyal Rainsport1 have been discontinued but were available for months afterwards dependant on size. It takes a while for stocks to be used. I didn't try the Rainsport2 as I went for Falken F452 and found them excellent.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links