Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyres

Tony-Bones

Tony for me its the best ones.but you need someone to give you that recommendation,or you do some research yourself

Not to worried about the price.

I like to only get the best for the car, but dont tell Mrs Mole please :winky:

Will be asking your advice when I need some new rubber

Tony for me its the best ones.but you need someone to give you that recommendation,or you do some research yourself

:offtopic: But wouldnt a chemist be better for that mate? :whistling::lol:

Wouldnt a chemist be better for that mate? :whistling::lol:

Dont need that kind of rubber mate, I've been to the doctor to get sorted :whistling:

Recommendation and price. Recommendation first, and as long as the price is ok I'll probably go with those (and see how cheaply I can get that recommended model of tyre). If the recommended model is ridiculously expensive everywhere, then I'll probably go for another recommended model that I can get at a better price (I find it unlikely that I'll only be recommended just one type of tyre, from memory there are several that LOC members recommend on here for the IS200).

I chose Michelin Piolot Sports because they were the ones at the top of my tyre buying budget. I have always been of the opinion that cheap tyres are a false economy in terms of safety and longevity. Plus, having the Piolot Sports on 18's, they do look the muts. Also seen the same tyres on an S65AMG Merc. If it's good enough for that, it's good enough for my LS.

It did used to have Dunlop SP Sport 9000's or what ever they were called. These were so noisey and tramlined like a tram on a line and this was when they had about 5mm of tread on them. I couldn't recomend Michelin's enough and if anyone who works for Michelin is reading this, I expect a huge cheque in the post for my next four.

If you never ask, you never get. :blink:

One thing missing off the list is 'safety' IMHO - that for me is key. I firmly believe brands such as Michelin and Conti are worth paying extra for. So price does come into the equation, but thats what the Internet and Google are for ;)

Went through a similar dilemma when I was looking to replace x4 Carpstone tyres fitted to my RX300.

Did my research, worked out the maths and went out and bought a set.

Definitely always just about getting the tyre that I think is the best one - will then try to get that one for the best possible price but won't let price influence a change in tyre........

It's nice when a tyre also has a decent rim protector but that isn't the most important factor :)

What would be your recommendations on tyres? Toyo T1R's?

I think Tony now recommends the F1 Asymmetrics now that the GSD3's are discontinued (I will be getting some F1A's fitted on Saturday). The T1R's are still a good choice.

What would be your recommendations on tyres? Toyo T1R's?

I think Tony now recommends the F1 Asymmetrics now that the GSD3's are discontinued (I will be getting some F1A's fitted on Saturday). The T1R's are still a good choice.

Is that with me :huh:

hot topic with me atm as i have to replace 4 tyres due to negative camber :tsktsk: i'm going for pirelli p0 corsas for a change normally i would opt for the toyo t1rs but found the corsas cheap and atm with getting the emanage, ebc, geo, turbo timer and the rolling road map spending £250 a corner wasn't an option.

To answer the question though recommendation and price are what decides tyre purchase for me also previous experience with similar brand tyres

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links