Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Xenon Headlight Conversion For The Rx

Driving back down from Derby last week, I noticed that on some of the very dark and unlit rural stretches of the M5 I managed to "lose the road," when putting the lights from full beam to dip so as not to dazzle oncoming cars, this is something I don't remember doing in my old Omega Elite, due to the fact it had Xenon headlights fitted as standard, and were much brighter both on dip and full beam (IMO)

So I'm now thinking of converting my RX halogens over to Xenon headlights, and was wondering if anyone in here has done this for theirs, how they went about doing it, and what they had to buy to convert. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Cheers Nev

So I'm now thinking of converting my RX halogens over to Xenon headlights, and was wondering if anyone in here has done this for theirs, how they went about doing it, and what they had to buy to convert. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Cheers Nev

According to the HIDS4U website, the RX300 uses the same HID kits as the IS200. I'm sure that you'll be able to get suitable kits for the RX300 on eBay (looks like it uses the same bulb type as the IS200, which implies the same kit).

How do the headlamp bulbs plug in on the RX300, are they just a simple twist-in job ?

A HID kit is a dead easy install on an IS200. You basically do the following :

- unplug bulb connector from headlamp

- remove halogen bulb and plug bulb connector into HID ballast (small metal box in the kit)

- plug new HID bulb/connector into headlamp

- fix HID ballast somewhere convenient in engine bay (e.g. using strong sticky pads)

That's all there is to it !

Not quite all there is to it I am afraid.......I bought from a trusted source a good quality HID kit to replace the dip bulbs, and although they work fine rigged to a Battery source and even my BMW as a guinea pig.....in the RX they refuse to spark up.....tried with resistors for load and caps for smoothing....nothing will get them to work on my RX.....shame.....but at leats the Silverstars I am using are not exactl dim so I ain't to worried......

And yes the kit was specifically for the RX with the correct loom fittings....just plug and pl....er....no play :crybaby:

Best regards David

Wow, suprised that it's a problem on the RX, that's a shame :crybaby:

Aye tell me about it, I've heard so many conflicting reports about changing the lights, I was hoping that maybe someone who had succsesfully done the Halogen to Xenon conversion to an RX might post?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links