Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

30 Pound Fine For Front Fogs 15 Mins Ago What A Joke

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as i know your not ment to have them on when it's not foggy, but didn't know you can get a fine for it. Infact your the first person i have heard that has recieved a fine! Just like your not allowed to have neons under the car, blue windscreen washers etc.

Did anyone else know it was ilegal to have your front driving lights on. I have just been given a 30 pond fine and a dressing down from the local plod. Is this right should I pay the fine??

the copper was a total ***** in his 1.4 focus never mind il pay it iguess have they nothing beter to do. Young lad nice car had to find something.

You MUST use headlights when visibility is seriously reduced, generally when you cannot see for more than 100 metres (328 feet). You may also use front or rear fog lights but you MUST switch them off when visibility improves (see Rule 236).

[Law RVLR regs 25 & 27]

You MUST NOT use front or rear fog lights unless visibility is seriously reduced (see Rule 226) as they dazzle other road users and can obscure your brake lights. You MUST switch them off when visibility improves.

[Law RVLR regs 25 & 27]

I take it that you read the book that these chapters have been taken from?

If you have problems driving with just your normal headlights on, then It might be a good idea to either have your headlights looked at, or for you to visit specsavers, it is an offense to drive with defective eyesight that has not been corrected.

Personally speaking, I'd like to buy that copper a drink.

Do you not realise it dazzles oncoming drivers if it isn't foggy (or even worse when wet).

It used to be (and still is) the thing for sidelights & foglights for 3 series BMW Drivers,

please don't let it spread any further.

To be honest I'm glad you got the fine, (why have them on if it isn't Foggy ? )

the only 5 things that rates alongside it for stupidity on our roads are:- (in no particular order)

1 Rear Fogs on when it isn't Foggy

2 No Rear Fogs not on when it is very Foggy (especially on the Motorway)

3 Tailgaters

4 Driving under the influence of Drink or Drugs

5 Driving without valid Insurance, Drivers Licence, Tax, M.O.T etc

Sorry but pay the fine and don't do it again.

You MUST use headlights when visibility is seriously reduced, generally when you cannot see for more than 100 metres (328 feet). You may also use front or rear fog lights but you MUST switch them off when visibility improves (see Rule 236).

[Law RVLR regs 25 & 27]

You MUST NOT use front or rear fog lights unless visibility is seriously reduced (see Rule 226) as they dazzle other road users and can obscure your brake lights. You MUST switch them off when visibility improves.

[Law RVLR regs 25 & 27]

I take it that you read the book that these chapters have been taken from?

If you have problems driving with just your normal headlights on, then It might be a good idea to either have your headlights looked at, or for you to visit specsavers, it is an offense to drive with defective eyesight that has not been corrected.

Personally speaking, I'd like to buy that copper a drink.

since when have front DRIVING LIGHTS ever dazzeld anybody, they light up the road and pavement on a dark raing night I find them a driving aid.I wonder how many ppl were robbed etc when he was giving me the naighty boy talk

Did anyone else know it was ilegal to have your front driving lights on. I have just been given a 30 pond fine and a dressing down from the local plod. Is this right should I pay the fine??
the copper was a total ***** in his 1.4 focus never mind il pay it iguess have they nothing beter to do. Young lad nice car had to find something.

If it wasnt foggyi'm glad you got done for them TBH.

I ****in hate it when people ride around with them on, it doesnt look cool and its dazzling to other drivers. Just makes you look like **** in my opinion.

Sorry to say it mate but its how i feel.

since when have front DRIVING LIGHTS ever dazzeld anybody, they light up the road and pavement on a dark raing night I find them a driving aid.I wonder how many ppl were robbed etc when he was giving me the naighty boy talk

But they're not driving lights, New Mini's have driving lights. IS200;s have Fog lights for when its FOGGY

If it wasnt foggyi'm glad you got done for them TBH.

I ****in hate it when people ride around with them on, it doesnt look cool and its dazzling to other drivers. Just makes you look like **** in my opinion.

Sorry to say it mate but its how i feel.

guess ive lost this argument, think il pay my fine nd put muy light son auoto in future. although my levling sensor is broke so got one light spooting planes. gonna cost me but the joy of a lexus

Small adjuster behind the lights, little white plastic thing on a small square box.......small spanner shoud do it

(park with the front against a wall to see the beam move)

That should at least help ya Gozzy, also if you just need more light... upgrade to HID's in your dipped beam :D

Small adjuster behind the lights, little white plastic thing on a small square box.......small spanner shoud do it

(park with the front against a wall to see the beam move)

That should at least help ya Gozzy, also if you just need more light... upgrade to HID's in your dipped beam :D

its 0404 LE with Standard HID but i have a issue with self leveling system lex want 400 to fix it. the front sesnor is broke.

what is the difference between driving lights nd front fogs?? if I had a mini would I have got a fine??

The driving lights on any car should extinguish when the main beam is switched to diped beam... They are an extension of the main beam... From memory you may only have six forward facing lamps, but this rule may have changed. There are also issues of positioning of the lamps, both in terms of distance from the centreline of the vehicle and hight from the road.

Any decent auto electrician should be able to sort your lights out, there is nothing special about a main dealer...

(non technical explanation to expand on what The Transporter has said above)

Fogs are always lower than any driving lamps and also about as far apart as the body will comfortably allow.

They are not connected to your Main Beam, so you can turn them on/off withe sSidelights or Dipped Beam on.

(must be below the top of the bumper level)

DSC_0153-t.jpg

Driving lamps have to be higher (nearer mid rad level) and closer together in the space between the headlights.

They are supposed to be connected to your Main Beam circuit so only operate when Main Beam is on.

(so normally in front of the Radiator Grille area)

R548WOM.jpg

There are proper guidelines for where these lamps should be, this isn't a technical explanation, more to give you

a general idea...

sorry mate, but not only is it dazzling t oncoming drivers, but it looks :tsktsk: terrible!! its has always been a very chavvy thing to do and i doubt it loooked very swish in the lex??

front fogs on when not needed is one thing that really peeves me off when driving - a pet hate if you will. didn't realise plod would hit ya like that for it, but i guess nowadays they'll add to that piggy bank however they see fit. i guess maybe a 'do u realise ur fogs are on?? do you realise its actually against the law to have them on when not needed?? may have been a better approach in this case, but then, the law's the law.'

just keep em off in future mate ;)

Yep it's illegal when it's not foggy, but I've also never heard of anyone getting an actual ticket for it - just a warning to switch them off and they let you on your way.

If I'm 100% honest, I don't get what all the fuss is about regarding fog lights, they're not dazzling in the slightest as they point at the ground. Case in point, I had a car behind me the other day that just had his sidelights and fog lights on, and it was so much nicer not having his headlights shining through my rear screen, I was getting no glare at all.

It's even worse when you get a range rover with xenons come up behind you, as that's the perfect level to shine straight through the rear screen. I never use my fogs as I don't see the point, but they point at the ground so I couldn't care less what anyone else does with them............

I do agree that I don't find it very dazzling, however it is also a pet peeve of mine that people drive around with their lights/fog lights on when it's not dark/foggy.

The newest culprit of this is audi drivers with R8 lights that seem to think they have to drive around all ours of the day with them on, I would love to understand their reasons behind doing this???? Also would love to know why people drive around with their fogs on if it's not foggy, in all honesty I don't even use my fogs when it is foggy they have 0 effect imo

Yep it's illegal when it's not foggy, but I've also never heard of anyone getting an actual ticket for it - just a warning to switch them off and they let you on your way.

i got done once for flashing someone out of a junction with my fogs ,£30 fine i was not impressed to say the least after the police said that they seen me with them on and had me on video comera,so i challenged them to it and they said that they couldnt access it at the time,just more police bullshine.

I *think* the R8 etc have that row of white LED lights wired to the ignition, in much the same way as motorbikes have since roughly 2003.

Nightmare for bikers, if/when the legislation comes in that mandates this for cars. People have a hard enough time seeing us as it is, now we're just gonna be one more light amongst many.

The newest culprit of this is audi drivers with R8 lights that seem to think they have to drive around all ours of the day with them on

Those are actual driving lights (like in the US), they come on when you switch the car on - I guess there may be an override but that's the way they are standard.

i got done once for flashing someone out of a junction with my fogs ,£30 fine i was not impressed to say the least after the police said that they seen me with them on and had me on video comera,so i challenged them to it and they said that they couldnt access it at the time,just more police bullshine.

How bizarre, guess that copper didn't have much to do that day!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links