Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Gs300 Mk2 Service Indicator Lights

Dear All,

I have purchased some new tail lights from eBay, as i was fitting them all seemed fine, then i noticed that my dashboard lights have come on with he following lights staying on.

VSC OFF, VSC and the ABS light.

I have removed the new tail light housing and fit the original back, but the dashboard lights have remained lit, also i noticed the center brake light no longer comes on when i apply the brake pedal.

All other lights are working, ie indicators, reverse light and brake lights.

Please help, how do i get rid of the dashboard lights and get the rear center brake light to work again.

Many Thanks for your help.

ps. I live in the west london area, if there is anyone local i could go to help me with this would help, im not that mechanically minded.

Cheers

Hi satnam

I think you will find that if you ever fit new parts (Electronic) you should disconnect your Battery because the new cars with an ECU don't like it and you can create problems digital electronics can be a pain because they don't like spikes which is what you may have sent to the ECU while you were changing the lights

I know if the Battery is disconnected you have to reset the ECU but small inconvenience to what you have now.

You may be lucky with an ECU reset let us know if it works OK,check your fuses as well just in case

Good luck

Norman

I tried resetting the ECU by disconecting the battery, the car made a beeping noise, and then reconnected after 30 secs. But no change, still getting the dashboard lights on.

Any other ideas?

Did you check your fuses if they are OK you need to get it scanned for faults.

if you reset the ecu and lights still on, problem still exists

You need to get the codes read and that will tell you what the problem is rather than guessing

It could also just be co-incidence and not related to what you did

Just removed the two fuse's for an ecu rest for 60mins, no joy there guys, had a hell of a time starting the car back up again, but its working at lest. im gonna take the car to Lexus Twikenham on monday and see what they say and how much to rectify.

What do you think its gonna cost me?

Thanks for the advice and the help guys.. wish us luck.

Lexus Twikenham wanted £115 just to look at, for one hour, then a further £115 hour on top while the works being done. *****. That not happening.

Try to find an independent to check it out Main dealers are a no go as you have found out,that is your only

option

Hi satnam,

Have you sorted your problem out yet?

I had the same problem not long after buying my 1999 GS300 sport with the same lights staying on, it turned out to be the master brake booster as Lexus call it to me and you its just the master brake cylinder in any other car but more fancy, and i'm sorry to say very expensive new from Lexus £2500 quid plus fitting I sourced a second hand one for £650 plus £150 for fitting, I did see one on eBay a while ago now for £1500, hope this helps.

Hi satnam,

Have you sorted your problem out yet?

I had the same problem not long after buying my 1999 GS300 sport with the same lights staying on, it turned out to be the master brake booster as Lexus call it to me and you its just the master brake cylinder in any other car but more fancy, and i'm sorry to say very expensive new from Lexus £2500 quid plus fitting I sourced a second hand one for £650 plus £150 for fitting, I did see one on eBay a while ago now for £1500, hope this helps.

Last week I thought mine was broken but it turned out it just wanted bleeding but before I did that I googled and there are places that contact all the scrap yards.

I had three phone calls one wanted £250.00 with a 3 month guarantee second one wanted £195.00 and the third wanted £450.00 with a 12 month guarantee and he said it was a reconditioned one but I didn't think that could be done (where did he get the parts from ?) I am more inclined to think it was from a scrap car and he just cleaned it up a bit.

Got it fixed, looks like it was a burnt out fuse, plus the fusebox needed some re-soldering, i had also fitted the new LED rear lamp cluster. looks sweet, all in with new buls 9orange) cost me £208 plus labour. pheww. i thought i was in trouble there.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links