Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Swedish Is200 Sport

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look @ that smile on your face, looks great & everything u do is spot on neat & looks perfect :winky:

Thank you :) I’ll be smiling a lot more when I lay my hands on a supercharger kit. That’s my end of the rainbow :P

I get more jelous everytime you update this :) absolutely stunning car and imo one of the cleanest/prettiest IS200's around today

Thanks mate :) I wouldn’t personally call it the prettiest, though. We’ve all got our own nice ways of personalizing the look of our cars. I wish there were more IS200/300s in Sweden. I’ve never seen one at a car show here. It will be great to come to one of your meets this summer.

looking ace as usual m8 keep up the top work

Thanks. I will try my best :) Today I will pick up my new brake discs and pads. There are still quite a few things on their way from the UK, US and Japan and it feels great that everything is paid already. It’s like waiting for a lot of presents :D

Yesterday my new rear lights arrived. Unfortunately, the yanks sent me the wrong ones. I ordered red + clear lens but got dark smoked clear lens. They offered me a refund of $80 to keep the lights, but I told them I don’t want them and that it would be more or less impossible to sell them in Sweden.

Anyway, here’s a photo of one of my current lights. I might send them back, but I’m not sure the retailer thinks it’s worth it.

dsc0097yf4.jpg

FWIW mate - I much prefer those to the ones you were planning on - meaner/subtler.

Goes better with your dark fronts too, non?

I think the smoked ones would look really nice on a black car, but I'm afraid they'd just look dirty on mine. A dark inside with clear lens would match my fronts better, but we'll see how it looks when my new lights arrive. They will be shipped out today :)

i think you should put one on just to see what it looks like we will soon tell you if it looks good or not

I might do that tonigt, but I've already managed to find a buyer who's going to pick them up tomorrow :)

Yesterday my new 3G rear brake discs arrived and guess what... they were also the wrong type. I ordered 10gr without dimples, but it doesn't matter. I don't have the energy to send them back.

I've made my own photo studio, using pillows and bed sheets :P

dsc0102lu2.jpg

Your car is looking fantastic mate, some really cool touches there. Really love the black in the middle of the TRD skirt, although have you painted it gloss or matt black? Can't really tell in the pic, but something tells me matt black would look awesome!

What's that sub like? I was thinking of getting one of those shallow type subs (as I need my boot) but people recommended against it saying they wouldn't make much of a difference...........

Only thing I'm not so keen on are the change of rear lights, I don't think anything looks as good as the standard lights on the IS, but that's just my opinion so if you like it go for it :)

a bit of a pain m8 phone them you might get money back

I got free shipment of these, so I guess it's a good buy anyway. As long as I get the same type when I order the front discs later on :) Dave, are you reading this? ;)

Your car is looking fantastic mate, some really cool touches there. Really love the black in the middle of the TRD skirt, although have you painted it gloss or matt black? Can't really tell in the pic, but something tells me matt black would look awesome!

What's that sub like? I was thinking of getting one of those shallow type subs (as I need my boot) but people recommended against it saying they wouldn't make much of a difference...........

Only thing I'm not so keen on are the change of rear lights, I don't think anything looks as good as the standard lights on the IS, but that's just my opinion so if you like it go for it :)

Thanks a lot mate :) Initially I was going for gloss black, but the guys at the paint shop told me matt black would look fantastic so I went for that. The black details on the front bumper will have the same color.

dsc0051bn1.jpg

I just went to see how the front looks, by the way. It's currently all platinum ice but on thursday It should be finished.

I've always doubted the shallow mount subs, but I know Rockford Fosgate don't want to damage their reputation by making a bad one. When a friend of mine was going to sell his I bought it and I'm very happy with it. After I replaced my front and rear speakers with Infinity ones I was overwhelmed by the clean sound and deep bass, but the sub makes a great difference now :D I'm not sure if video cameras can pick it up, but I could record a short video tonight if anyone is interested :)

Concerning the lights I agree with you. The standard lights look great and they started the whole 'Lexus lights' trend, but I'm very fond of LEDs. For a while I thought about taking the red lenses from the standard lights and fit them inside my current LED ones to make them look standard when switched off. I'm afraid I will change my mind about my new rear lights, but right now I think they look stunning :P

Thanks a lot mate :) Initially I was going for gloss black, but the guys at the paint shop told me matt black would look fantastic so I went for that. The black details on the front bumper will have the same color.

I've always doubted the shallow mount subs, but I know Rockford Fosgate don't want to damage their reputation by making a bad one. When a friend of mine was going to sell his I bought it and I'm very happy with it. After I replaced my front and rear speakers with Infinity ones I was overwhelmed by the clean sound and deep bass, but the sub makes a great difference now :D I'm not sure if video cameras can pick it up, but I could record a short video tonight if anyone is interested :)

Concerning the lights I agree with you. The standard lights look great and they started the whole 'Lexus lights' trend, but I'm very fond of LEDs. For a while I thought about taking the red lenses from the standard lights and fit them inside my current LED ones to make them look standard when switched off. I'm afraid I will change my mind about my new rear lights, but right now I think they look stunning :P

Nice, I think the matt black must look awesome, that's what I would have gone for too. It does look really good though, I can't understand why no one else has done it before with the TRD skirt :winky:

That's cool, I doubt a vid could pick up the bass quality but I trust your judgement as you seem to have a pretty keen attention to detail!

I agree, I've always thought that if someone could take apart the standard lights and fit LEDs in behind that would be the ultimate solution, but it sounds like a right pain of a job to do!

Looking forward to seeing what's next!

I must say everytime i see the additions to your car i read through with my jaw on the floor! Lol!

I love attention to detail myself and your car is very unique in every way, perfectly done. Not only that but you can take most of the credit for the work done, such great skill. Fantastic car P.Lindblom!

I do so hope you never finish this project as then we'll have nothing to follow and no more tips, guides and great work! Lol!

As Steviewevie said, i dislike the TRD rear skirt, but in silver with the matt black looks awesome!! Completely changes it. Great idea!!

As for the rear lights, i have been searching for ever to find the standard lights in LED form. I agree with Parthiban that the original lights are the best suited, i once had the black DEPO lights but the LEDs started to fail.

I have seen so many US IS300's with the LED conversion done to the standard lights, but it seems all the companies that carried out the conversions no longer exist!!? I have found a company who does LED lights (conversions) in the UK who would be willing to make a set for the IS, but due to the work involved it would cost me a lot of money for a one off set. But he did say if i could get more people involved it would obviously bring the cost down. I wasn't/aren't sure if i was allowed to advertise that fact on here?

Anyway sorry to go off topic!! Once again a fantastic IS, great work , great photography and great skills!

P.Lindblom, i am really looking forward to seeing these projector headlights!??

I have seen so many US IS300's with the LED conversion done to the standard lights, but it seems all the companies that carried out the conversions no longer exist!!? I have found a company who does LED lights (conversions) in the UK who would be willing to make a set for the IS, but due to the work involved it would cost me a lot of money for a one off set. But he did say if i could get more people involved it would obviously bring the cost down. I wasn't/aren't sure if i was allowed to advertise that fact on here?

Group Buy ? :whistling:

Check out the T's & C's on the Group Buy forum, get the mods to approve the idea, then post up a thread for it ! :D

Nice, I think the matt black must look awesome, that's what I would have gone for too. It does look really good though, I can't understand why no one else has done it before with the TRD skirt :winky:

That's cool, I doubt a vid could pick up the bass quality but I trust your judgement as you seem to have a pretty keen attention to detail!

I agree, I've always thought that if someone could take apart the standard lights and fit LEDs in behind that would be the ultimate solution, but it sounds like a right pain of a job to do!

Looking forward to seeing what's next!

I will take a few more pictures soon. The rear skirt is now fitted :)

I’m not sure my judgement in car sound is something to trust. I haven’t had a sub in any of my earlier cars, so I can only compare before to after fitting this one :P

A lot of yanks seem to have made their own LED tail lights, but I haven’t really tried to find out how. It’s certainly possible, though.

looking good m8 a wee vid of the car is always good

Thanks :) Sorry I didn’t shoot anything yet. I will do that later on.

I must say everytime i see the additions to your car i read through with my jaw on the floor! Lol!

I love attention to detail myself and your car is very unique in every way, perfectly done. Not only that but you can take most of the credit for the work done, such great skill. Fantastic car P.Lindblom!

I do so hope you never finish this project as then we'll have nothing to follow and no more tips, guides and great work! Lol!

As Steviewevie said, i dislike the TRD rear skirt, but in silver with the matt black looks awesome!! Completely changes it. Great idea!!

As for the rear lights, i have been searching for ever to find the standard lights in LED form. I agree with Parthiban that the original lights are the best suited, i once had the black DEPO lights but the LEDs started to fail.

Anyway sorry to go off topic!! Once again a fantastic IS, great work , great photography and great skills!

P.Lindblom, i am really looking forward to seeing these projector headlights!??

I must say I’m overwhelmed with all the positive comments from you guys, that gives me a lot of motivation to continue my pursuit :) I probably won’t finish this project soon and when I do it’s time to start working on an IS250. We’ll see when that happens.

Yeah, there are a lot of US IS300s with custom LED lights. I wasn’t sure whether or not the owners made them or if they had someone make them. A group buy may be the way to get them made. I just hope I don’t get to tempted to buy those, then I would have four sets :P

I’m glad you mentioned the projector headlights. I’m currently waiting for a quote from a company in the US, for a set of Lexus RX330 projectors. I actually had a set a while ago, but they were another brand and didn’t fit at all. The new ones will definitely fit as they are the most common IS300 retrofit projectors. I can’t wait to start working on this upgrade.

Again, a million thanks for the nice comments :)

Cheers

Yesterday it was time to fit the TRD rear skirt

01dsc0112wh8.jpg

02dsc0127lf2.jpg

03dsc0130wi4.jpg

04dsc0149vt2.jpg

05dsc0160fz3.jpg

06dsc0135ex6.jpg

07dsc0143oq4.jpg

08dsc0144mz1.jpg

09dsc0148jm4.jpg

If you don’t have the proper tools, then try to make your own :)

10dsc0161vc6.jpg

11dsc0162nr6.jpg

12dsc0164sl5.jpg

13dsc0168pe3.jpg

14dsc0117bg0.jpg

15dsc0181du2.jpg

Oh yes, I have decided to replace my rear lights again. This time with another LED version. "Lexus lights" are so played out I've decided to move on to red lights, as the ones SMJ7 recently sold :)

november200838ef0.jpg

Seriously where do i buy rear lights like that ? :ohmy:

Anyone know?

The legana style front bumper you are looking for would this do?

http://www.bodykits.com/store/product.php?...at=0&page=1

i was looking for something myself and saw that and thought of you, it says it is made of a PFRP Composite and it looks right to me, i could be completely wrong but hey if i am its only a few mins out of your life to look at it :P

looking spot on as usual m8 i like the black centre
Looks awesome Patrik. All your work is incredible and it's great to see the pics. As usual though, you've just made me add something to my wanted-mods list !

Cheers mates :) I hope I do not do the same again with the following pics ;)

The legana style front bumper you are looking for would this do?

http://www.bodykits.com/store/product.php?...at=0&page=1

i was looking for something myself and saw that and thought of you, it says it is made of a PFRP Composite and it looks right to me, i could be completely wrong but hey if i am its only a few mins out of your life to look at it :P

Hello mate,

I've actually bought a Legana replica and the only thing I'm going to replace that one with is a genuine Legana :) Thank you anyway, though.

Back from the paint shop!! :D

561232ph84ebbe7.jpg

561237m4qvyque3.jpg

561239m2r7c1or9.jpg

561246iz921twa5.jpg

561249vjzze1nl1.jpg

561253poieb5ww0.jpg

5612577gizdien5.jpg

561264253vztxg7.jpg

5612677ab3n3nn6.jpg

dsc0197ny6.jpg

Very nice mate, when are you going to get it on the car?

I'd expected the paintshop to do that black bit for you - but it's come out really well :)

Look forward to seeing it on the car!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links