Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Swedish Is200 Sport

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't normally like carbon bonnets, but that looks like it's going to work quite well with the silver sides and the centre of the bumper black as well. Have you thought about possibly making the grille black as well or would that be one step too far?

This car just gets better and better, I can't believe you do any work on it in weather like that :P

• 1 month later...
sorry mate i meant the end where the brackets bolt on,if that makes sense

No worries :) As I mentioned earlier, I never noticed anything odd. I will check again and take a few more pictures of it when it’s painted and fitted again.

The bonnets gonna look great mate,

not sure if we should invite you to JAE anymore, no-ones going to look at anyone elses car. Just yours :lol:

Cheers mate :D I would definitely take a close look at your car. It seems to be full of nice gadgets and with its new engine it will be even more awesome.

I don't normally like carbon bonnets, but that looks like it's going to work quite well with the silver sides and the centre of the bumper black as well. Have you thought about possibly making the grille black as well or would that be one step too far?

This car just gets better and better, I can't believe you do any work on it in weather like that :P

Thank you :) I’ve thought about doing something with the grille, but I’m not sure yet. I kind of like the way its frame makes the grille look a bit smaller and I’m afraid a black frame would just spoil the whole idea of it. I’ve been thinking about painting just the upper part of the frame, but we’ll see when the bonnet is finished.

This summer I will tidy up the garage completely. It’s 6,5 by 8 metres but I can’t even get my IS inside it. I share it with my father and it’s full of stuff. A bunch of bicycles, two motorcykles, a big lawn mower, two 125cc karts, a hospital bed, quite a lot of old doors etc. I will take a lot of pictures during my garage makeover :)

Until then I have to do everything outside. The coldest temperature I experienced this winter was 26 degrees below zero but I must say I prefer modifying the car in -10°C rather than doing it in just above zero when it’s raining and every bit of the car is covered in mud, salt and slush :P

Now to my latest update:

I just came home from a week of skiing up north. If anyone’s interested in northern Sweden I can upload a few pictures from my trip :P

As some of you know I bought one of the last new TTE supercharger kits some time ago. I was a bit concerned for a while. Since I paid for the kit I haven’t heard anything from the seller. Fortunately another buyer from LOC Euro told me he met up with the guy at TTE in Köln, Germany, last Friday. The SC kits were just picked up and hopefully mine will be shipped soon.

Regarding the rear lights, my luck hasn’t changed. I got a new set from California and this time they were the color I ordered. Unfortunately, though, one of the LEDs is broken and the lights seem to be very difficult to open up without breaking them. I’ve decided to return them and just red tint my current LED lights the same way.

In two weeks it’s once again legal to fit summer wheels. When doing that I will also fit my lowering springs and my new rear brake discs and pads. The TRD side skirts are also to be fitted the same weekend.

The bonnet will have to wait for a while. Every winter road salt and gravel is spread out on the icy roads. This means that every spring all the roads have to be swept and until then you are almost certain to get a lot of stone chips. Also, when it gets dry metal studs from the winter tyres are likely to come off and hit cars behind. I therefore figured it would be a good idea to wait until the roads a swept and most people have fitted their summer wheels again.

I’m still patiently waiting for the reverse camera I paid for almost two months ago :P When it arrives I will immediately fit it, as all the cables are already in place.

Cheers

Looks very good mate, has totally transformed the front end!

What do you think mate, you must be very happy with that!

Thanks :) I'm very happy indeed. Now there are just four more exterior mods in the pipeline; my Seibon CF bonnet (will hopefully get painted this week), my TRD side skirts, my new rear lights and a bit less height.

that front looks mean

makes me want to get one now lol

EP Racing are very cheap. If you don't mind modifying fibreglass it's definately worth bying theirs.

Looks greeat mate, but your right, it needs slightly bigger wheels.

Thanks Stav. My summer wheels will be fitted as soon as it's legal, April 1st :)

Two more pics:

dsc0274in1.jpg

dsc0280fixuu4.jpg

Patrick, that's very close to perfection mate. Congrats.

I see you got the Legana bumper in the end. Well if I come accross with a genuine one I will def. let you know. Good luck and keep up with a good work.

• 2 weeks later...
Hay Patrik,

Love what you do with your car mate - fantastic projects with great pics and info!!

Here are a few other pics you might like of LOC members cars with the Lagana bumper on you might not have seen:

Thanks mate. You just emptied my wallet :D I've got to buy the Legana bumper soon.

Yesterday a package arrived, my stainless steel dials :) Hopefully I will be able to take some nice pictures of them tomorrow.

dsc0063fixzh6.jpg

dsc0066fixrw6.jpg

Edit:

As promised, two more pics. I will try to take a pic of the bonus stainless steel frame tomorrow.

dsc2451fixframefe1.jpg

dsc2401fixframerj4.jpg

Hi Patrik,

sorry an information, but where you bought the stainless steel frame ? On Prolex-UK store catalogue there is a similar, but with center embelm logo Lexus, not with the Lexus in word: http://www.prolex-uk.com/store/index.php?cPath=161_209. :unsure:

Please can you tell me where I can buy same your ?

Many many thanks, and compliments for your car :winky: !

Roberto

I am sooooo jealous! Patrick your car is sooo beautiful and coming along amazingly well. The bumper looks spot on and u'd never think it was a replica as for the bonnet thats so tasty and looks amazing on the car and even better with the colour scheme continued. Whats your plans after the whole black/silver colour scheme with the bonnet/bumper etc?

Some of you may have noticed my project threads around here. I have received quite a few PMs, reminding me to answer questions in the different threads. I’m finding it hard to keep track of them, so I decided to create this thread, in which I will summarize what I’ve done with the car so far. Most of it is copied from my Swedish project thread and I’ve simply chosen to remove all the text until I have managed to translate it all. If you want info on any of my upgrades, please feel free to ask me.

Cheers

Thread shortcuts:

Ditec paint protection and basic tidy up

iPod integration

Integrated Sony sat nav

New interior

TRD front lip

New exhaust – HKS Silent HiPower

Black headlight clusters and CCFL Angel eyes

Sports grille and black horns

New rims and black calipers

HID Pace Car Strobes

TTE-spoiler and LED fever

A/C chrome rings

New rims and tires... again

OEM armrest retrofitted

New stereo - JVC KW-AVX710E 7" touch screen DVD

6 x 55W extra lights behind the grille

Stainless steel dials

Front speakers replaced - Infinity Reference

Rear speakers replaced - Infinity Kappa

Sub and amp added - Rockford Fosgate

________________________________________________________________________________

2007-07-08

I have finally bough myself a Lexus IS200. It’s a 2000 model with one owner and 65.000 miles before me. There are currently 1225 Lexus IS200s registered in Sweden, so they are not very common. The amount of registered Volvo V70s is 262.882 :)

Anyway, this is how it looks right now:

dscn2496fixtj7.jpg

dscn3465fixframelv0mx9.jpg

________________________________________________________________________________

2008-11-13

A lot has happened to the car. I’ve spent many hours and too much money on upgrades. In the following posts I will now try to summarize what’s been done so far. This is its current state:

dsc0266fixframenn9.jpg

dsc1924fixsp7.jpg

dsc1704fixframemh4.jpg

dsc0069fixframeza9.jpg

dsc0210fixframepb2.jpg

dsc1892fixbs4.jpg

Fantastic looking car where did you get the aluminiumheater dials from and are they easy to fit

well there was a group buy on here last month for these rings which have been finished now.

well if anyone has a set for sale just let me know thanks

keep having a look on eBay. they are very hard to come by mate.

well just remove the old ones and put the new ones on. i think really.i am still awiting for mine to come

as far as i know the pold ones don't need removing, the chrome just attach to them

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links