Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Swedish Is200 Sport

Hei, fint bil, hvor har du kjøpt nytt interior?... takk

translation courtesy of google : Hey, nice car, where you have purchased a new interior? ... thanks

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

translation courtesy of google : Hey, nice car, where you have purchased a new interior? ... thanks

now thats alot better.

i bought a set they really change the look of the dash! all you do to fit them is line up the orange marker on your controls with the wee hole on the rings and push on job done!oh they were £20.just need the clock cover now!

think the boy said he was going to start making more and sell them on e-bay.

I recommend a whole stainless steel dial set, much better than just having the clock cover on its own ! :D

go on rub it in!! :crybaby: i so want those dials!!!

Now it's time for an update! :D The reason I didn't reply earlier is because there were so many posts to answer. I've now replied to all of them and you can find my answers after this update. Cheers!

Here's my schedule for the next two weeks:

12th of April - Fitting of the TRD side skirts and the Seibon CF bonnet (maybe also the bonnet struts)

13th of April - Fitting of my TTE supercharger kit

16th of April - Fitting of my new Falken FK-452 tyres and full wheel alignment

17th of April - Car meet in Stockholm

My bonnet is currently at a paint shop. I visited three other paint shops before I finally found one that didn't refuse to paint carbon fiber bodyparts. Hopefully the bonnet will be painted tomorrow night.

I just ordered a set of Falken tyres and I really hope I get them before my scheduled wheel alignment. Last weekend I replaced my rear brake discs and pads. I also fitted lowering springs that I'm really happy with. The result I was aiming for is the same distance from the wheel arch to the tyre all around. I don't want my car to look lowered, if you know what I mean.

This is a picture I took the other night. The wide angle lens messed up my rear camber angle quite a lot, but you can see it's not an SUV anymore :D

dsc1126k.jpg

As I mentioned, my supercharger kit arrived a while ago.

dsc1091fix.jpg

dsc1088fix.jpg

dsc0419fix.jpg

dsc0426fix.jpg

All sounds good, can't wait for the next update :)
Sounds good mate,

Who you waiting for the reverse camera from?

Stav

Cheers :) I ordered the camera from Dave, but apparently Geoffers sends these things out. Last friday I still had no reverse camera. I asked for a refund and got the money immediately. I think I'll just get a JVC reverse camera from my local electronics store.

Patrick, that's very close to perfection mate. Congrats.

I see you got the Legana bumper in the end. Well if I come accross with a genuine one I will def. let you know. Good luck and keep up with a good work.

Thanks mate,

I really appreciate that. Now that I've already paid for most of my summer mods the funds will start to pile up again. Soon I'll be ready to go for a Legana import :P

by far the nicest lexus i have seen

Cheers asi :) I'd rather not compare it to other cars, though. All of them are nice in their own way :)

Hi Patrik,

sorry an information, but where you bought the stainless steel frame ? On Prolex-UK store catalogue there is a similar, but with center embelm logo Lexus, not with the Lexus in word:

http://www.prolex-uk.com/store/index.php?cPath=161_209. :unsure:

Please can you tell me where I can buy same your ?

Many many thanks, and compliments for your car :winky: !

Roberto

Hello Roberto,

I specifically asked for a centre dial with the original 'LEXUS' word on it. I just thought it would be too much with a Lexus logo on the steering wheel and another one just inches away. I'd like to think there is a thought behind every detail on the car and I don't want to spoil it :P

This car would be perfect if only it had a supra engine in it :D do it patrick have the ultimate IS200 :P

Actually i would do it if the Swedish MOT system weren't so strict. Before every MOT I already have to replace many of my mods with the original parts. The TTE supercharger I just bought is certainly not legal, that's the reason I'm sticking with all black hoses in the engine bay, to keep it look as factory standard as possible. Fortunately, the fact that there are only 1225 registered IS200s in Sweden makes it easier as few of the MOT guys have ever seen one and therefore don't know if they are supposed to be supercharged or not.

I am sooooo jealous! Patrick your car is sooo beautiful and coming along amazingly well. The bumper looks spot on and u'd never think it was a replica as for the bonnet thats so tasty and looks amazing on the car and even better with the colour scheme continued. Whats your plans after the whole black/silver colour scheme with the bonnet/bumper etc?

Thank you, matey :)

I'm not sure if I mentioned it earlier, but the 17th of April I'm going the the first nearby car meet of the year, in Stockholm. That's my deadline for this season's upgrades. After that there will only be small mods (reverse camera, further upgraded speaker system etc.). However, next winter I might go for the paint job I've wanted for so long. If so, the new color scheme will be pearl white, carbon fiber black and a little bit of chrome.

Fantastic looking car where did you get the aluminiumheater dials from and are they easy to fit

The ones in that picture were discovered after many months of searching. I bought them from a guy in Canada after I found one of his posts about it, dated 2005 :) I just bought myself two new sets from the second group buy batch, though.

now thats alot better.

That's actually a very accurate translation, which language did you choose? That's not Swedish, but Norwegian :)

Tack så mycket för den trevliga komplimangen. Min nya inredning köpte jag från en bildemontering här i Sverige, den kommer från en inlöst IS200 -04 som bara hade gått 821 mil.

...and in English:

I got my new interior from a breaker here in Sweden. It was lifted from a 2004 IS200 with only 5131 miles on the clock.

now thats alot better.

That's actually a very accurate translation, which language did you choose? That's not Swedish, but Norwegian :)

Tack så mycket för den trevliga komplimangen. Min nya inredning köpte jag från en bildemontering här i Sverige, den kommer från en inlöst IS200 -04 som bara hade gått 821 mil.

...and in English:

I got my new interior from a breaker here in Sweden. It was lifted from a 2004 IS200 with only 5131 miles on the clock.

Good old Google for the translation :D

(Can we have this thread pinned by any chance?)

now thats alot better.

...and in English:

Good old Google for the translation :D

(Can we have this thread pinned by any chance?)

Yh keep up the good work, would like to see this pinned
That picture makes your wheels look HUGE patrik!! Car is looking great though. +1 on pinned

Thanks mates :) Do people actually read pinned threads? :P

Regarding the larger wheels, I've finally fitted my summer wheels again, as they are now legal. The steering feels a lot heavier now because I got used to driving around on my 16" 195mm winter tyres :)

That picture makes your wheels look HUGE patrik!! Car is looking great though. +1 on pinned

Regarding the larger wheels, I've finally fitted my summer wheels again, as they are now legal. The steering feels a lot heavier now because I got used to driving around on my 16" 195mm winter tyres :)

I think the wheel change calls for some fresh pics then, I can't speak for other people but I looked for ages for this thread after i'd been away for a while cos I wanted to catch up on the progress...

PIN IT!!! (please :D )

I think the wheel change calls for some fresh pics then, I can't speak for other people but I looked for ages for this thread after i'd been away for a while cos I wanted to catch up on the progress...

PIN IT!!! (please :D )

I will take some new pics of the car on friday night. All my photo equipment will be brought to the car meet in Stockholm.

Actually, everytime I'm about to update this thread I just google "Swedish IS200" and there it is :P But of course it would be an honor to be pinned :)

I like your Lex so much i did these hope u dont mind that i took your pics :unsure:

Wow, you must really like my pics. I'm flattered, those are nice montages. Thank you once again :)

Last weekend I finally fitted my sideskirts and my supercharger kit. There was a bit of a hazzle, but now it works fantastic :D I'm just not sure about a certain sound it makes in idle, but apart from that I'm super happy with the power increase. Unfortunately I was so eager to get it fitted that I forgot to document the whole process. Anyway, these are three pictures from the supercharging:

Before:

dsc1140.jpg

During:

dsc1158.jpg

After: By the way, I know I have to do something about my wire forrest to the left. There are so many things I don't know where to put; ballasts for the HIDs, ballasts for the CCFL halos, control unit and wires for my HID strobes, a lot of wires for my 6x55W extra lights etc. :duh:

dsc1169.jpg

Today I went to the paint shop to quickly fit my CF bonnet and let the guys over there tape it up.

Here you can see the side skirts and a little bit of the intercooler

dsc03410fix.jpg

A lot of 1C0 color samples. Apparently mine is called 1C0 GE

dsc03402fix.jpg

The bonnet is sanded down and ready for paint and a new clear coat. It will be painted tonight and I will fit it immediately after work tomorrow.

dsc03411fix.jpg

I also took a trip to a town not so far from here, to pick up my new Falken tyres. They will be fitted tomorrow morning while my car is getting a full wheel alignment

dsc1172fix.jpg

That's about it for now. More pics will follow when my car is completely assembled and cleaned again :) Cheers and good night

dude jag lik vägen du har malt siden om hättan , tändstickorna framsidan stötfångare mycket trevligt !!

Hope that worked right should hopefully say ..

dude i like the way you have painted the sides of the bonnet , matches the front bumper very nicely !!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links