Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dammit Dammit Dammit (stereo Woes Cont'd)

Okay, so, a while ago the am/fm radio module packed in on my IS200 sport standard stereo. I bought an 'err3' unit off of eBay (mines the older, lower CD slot version, this was the newer upper CD slot type). I pulled the 'err3' unit apart at work (overtime baby :D), found the tuner module, which had the same part numbers on as the one in mine. Bingo. I pulled mine apart (easier than the newer one as the CD unit doesn't need disturbing, just unplugging). Winner! New tuner module fit, stereo back together. I'm doing well today :D. Took it out to the car, plugged it in, success! Radio works :D. CD player doesn't. DAM DAM DAM DAM DAM!!! shows 'err3' oh sh.....

so, now I know how to diassemble and reassemble the dreaded lexus stereos, It would appear I also know how to break the CD units. What to try next........more eBay hunting maybe..........

at least I can listen to Chris Moyles in the mornings again! haha!

i find it very interesting that the err3 only came up after you put the new module in! is it possible that the module is the cause of the err3? i have a broken stereo that i brought off eBay so i could practice soldering the leds. if you want it i could send you the tuner module, if you try it and the err3 stops then i think were on to a fix!!

Hard luck sounds seriously frustrating - you could try dismantling it again and putting it back together as it may fix it, those stereos seem so temperamental.

Alternatively now you've got the radio back, you could always get a grom adapter and plug in an iPod or other mp3 player for your music :)

thanks for the advice chaps, I really don't think the tuner module is linked to the CD unit, but I guess I could try refitting my old one, see if err3 goes away then?

Geoffers, this slider pot you mention? guessing thats going to be attatched to/near the CD shelves? in which case, I didn't go near it. On the older head units (bottom CD slot) the CD part of the unit is separated from the tape/tuner section by a metal plate.

I wonder if having it on the desk semi-assembled and turning it upside down, having it on its side etc has allowed something to move in the CD unit?

Its going to have to wait till next saturday to be looked at again now, cheeky g1ts at work have given me work to! haha

Ste

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links