Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Poor Radio Reception

Does anyone else with a lex sport have pooor radio reception, I used to have a Mazda and it never crackeld or anything. I find it is worth on FM as MW is ok but driving down the M6 through the Lakes forget it just nothinh not even the BBC chanels Radio 2 etc.

Could I have a faulty ariel or a conection somwhere, ive read on the forum that the Radios arn't the best in the lexus am i better off getting a after market DAB system, but then the radio gap isnt standard??

Any thoughts guys

What sort of external aerial do you have on the car. Is it the OEM one ? Some people have reported poor reception when using the stubby fin-type replacement aerials.

No its the standard one maybe a foot long and thin. Its just so annoying I know its only a little thing but it gets to me sad i know

its not sad matey. when it comes to your car if something isn't right, it needs sorting!!

i never listen to radio but mine didnt work i'd have to fix it quick sharp! what happens if i pulled and she wanted to listen to late night love??

hate problems, i cant sleep if there is an issue.

take the stereo out n see if the aerial pin is inserted fully??

which wire has to be spliced into woz

Theres a black one by itself at the back, just attach that to a switched 12v as far as i know

cheers stav just wanted to make sure it was the 12v switched thats its attached to

edit all done now cant believe i waited this long :duh:

Theres a black one by itself at the back, just attach that to a switched 12v as far as i know

i have exact same problem, which wire do i splice into the switching live?

i have exact same problem, which wire do i splice into the switching live?

where would it normally plug into? the standard stereo? and do i connect the thicker or thinner wire to the switchign live? cheers

yea i read that, my lex also has an old nokie phone thing, and 2 aftermarket stereos so its a bit of a mess behind the dash... lots of wires connected all over the place, plus 2 silly fuse box things and a thing to make the sat nav work without standard head unit, so im a bit lost

• 1 month later...
does this help

AerialPowerDimmerWire.jpg

I have done this. I assume the blue wire is your switched live. But now I have another problem that wasn't there before I spliced as shown. Now my head unit will not switch off automatically when I turn the key to off. It used to before. The radio reception is better, which is a plus, but it is annoying to have to turn the head unit off manually each time. Any one have any suggestions, have I missed something???

• 2 months later...

I recently replaced my standard unit with my unit that I had in the civic but forgot to sort the aerial and splice into that cable but whats got me confused is that if the aerial is amplified already then why do we need to splice into it as the original units work fine and the aerial just plugs into the back of them like it does an aftermarket unit.

I recently replaced my standard unit with my unit that I had in the civic but forgot to sort the aerial and splice into that cable but whats got me confused is that if the aerial is amplified already then why do we need to splice into it as the original units work fine and the aerial just plugs into the back of them like it does an aftermarket unit.

I would imagine that the 12v feed on the thin wire is normally via the head unit, so if the head unit is removed, the power no longer comes from there. i.e. to turn the AE amp on only when the stereo is on. You therefore need to supply a new one either from the Electric aerial connection on your new head unit, or an alternative switched source.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links