Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Steel Heater/ac Rings

ok, new thread (group buy section) is now up for these ! This is just to get a rough idea of numbers at this stage, e.g. if only a handful of people want them then it's highly doubtful it would be worth making them. The more that are interested, hopefully the greater the chance we can get some made, and the cheaper they will be.

ok, who has contacts at engineering firms ? Or who has one nearby that they could go and ask about it ? We need to find out the costs and then we can work out how many people we'd need at roughly how much, then can see if it would be a goer.

I work next to a laser/water cutting company. If we are lucky they have the right tools for these things as well. I'll talk to them tomorrow and let you know what they think about it.

I visited them this afternoon and just as the last time they told me they are not able to make this, but at least I got the name of a company that might be. Hopefully I can pay them a visit tomorrow.

I have a set that I bought a while back but they are so rare that I had to get them from US ebay and they cost quite a lot (around £50 delivered I think).

Mine also have IS300 on them which I wish they didn't, however they still look the dogs nuts! I have thought about trying to get it off but I don't want to wreck them.

Scott how would you feel about doing a swap of your is300 rings for a set of the new ones too be made plus a bit of cash to make up some of the difference in price if needed, when these new ones get made? let me know cheers mate :)

ill send you a pm just in case you miss this

I have a set that I bought a while back but they are so rare that I had to get them from US ebay and they cost quite a lot (around £50 delivered I think).

Mine also have IS300 on them which I wish they didn't, however they still look the dogs nuts! I have thought about trying to get it off but I don't want to wreck them.

Scott how would you feel about doing a swap of your is300 rings for a set of the new ones too be made plus a bit of cash to make up some of the difference in price if needed, when these new ones get made? let me know cheers mate :)

ill send you a pm just in case you miss this

Yeah, I'm up for that - Sent a PM mate :winky:

Actually I didn't used to like these, but I do now. I think it's ever since I got my stainless dash dials.

Back to the issue of getting them made, I assume that all three dials are the same (can someone who's got them confirm please ?). If so, then that immediately triples the quantity being made off the same tool (helping to lower the overall cost per piece, e.g. if 10 people ordered them then that's actually 30 rings.

Question for the members here who have the rings already. How do they fix on ? If they already work well then it would make sense to me to try and copy that method.

Do they have ridges all the way round the inside to grip the OEM plastic rings ? Or just a few ridges ? Or are they smooth but fit very tight over the existing rings ?

I see that there's a hole to let the "pointer" light shine through (so you can see what you've selected in the dark), is there anything else to consider, do you think ?

I work next to a laser/water cutting company. If we are lucky they have the right tools for these things as well. I'll talk to them tomorrow and let you know what they think about it.

Did you have any luck on this ? If so, please could you post in the Group Buy thread on it ?