Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I'm Back

GWilso

For anyone who has been following my story on the constant failures that My Current IS220D has been giving will know what a struggle and pain in the :tsktsk: it has been over the past 8 Months,

Well Yesterday I went to Have a new Battery put in the 220D at Lexus Oxford and walked out with AN IS200 :crybaby: The car I Loved so much before I decided to UPGRADE :shutit: I had absolutely no intention of buying another motor I just got a bit bored and started wandering round the yard :shutit:

Some people may find it a bit of a shock choosing to go back from a new to old IS but I think it will definitely be the right choice I signed all the paperwork today and collect the car Thursday for anyone interested its on Lexus Oxford's site the platinum Ice 05SE I'll post some pic's just as soon as I can,

One thing has already really upset me............ I paid for the Battery before I bought the new car :lol:

Thanks for listening

Nice to have you back in the IS200 fold, does sound like you had a right nightmare with that 220d, did it cost you to change or was it a straight swap?

It is a great car, reason why I've still got mine after so many years - although not sure I would have been able to go back from having all those extra toys after having had them.........any reason why you didn't swap to an IS250 instead? (although I'd imagine that would have cost you a fair amount more)

Oh I really will miss the toys I'm sure :crybaby::crybaby: reverse camera,memory seats,rear screen shade,bluetooth connection :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby: but in all honesty the toys are all great to start but realisticly after a week or two most are never used again

And there was a fair bit of negative equity on the old car but after a bit of bargaining with the dealer we came to a fair for all agreement. I was very tempted to go for the New 250SR they were trying to talk me into it but my hart lied with the 200 I know that that will be relatively hassle free motoring I HOPE :whistling:

Nice to have you back in the IS200 fold, does sound like you had a right nightmare with that 220d, did it cost you to change or was it a straight swap?

It is a great car, reason why I've still got mine after so many years - although not sure I would have been able to go back from having all those extra toys after having had them.........any reason why you didn't swap to an IS250 instead? (although I'd imagine that would have cost you a fair amount more)

Oh I really will miss the toys I'm sure :crybaby::crybaby: reverse camera,memory seats,rear screen shade,bluetooth connection :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby: but in all honesty the toys are all great to start but realisticly after a week or two most are never used again

And there was a fair bit of negative equity on the old car but after a bit of bargaining with the dealer we came to a fair for all agreement. I was very tempted to go for the New 250SR they were trying to talk me into it but my hart lied with the 200 I know that that will be relatively hassle free motoring I HOPE :whistling:

Fair enough mate, it does make sense..........and the Bluetooth is very easy to add (even I managed to do it) and the reverse camera can be done too if you decide you really need it...........I'm sure the 200 will be trouble free :)

That's an interesting move to make.

Must admit that although the new IS is very modern and sophisticated, the original one has more individuality especially with the interior. The IS200 has very clean styling too which hasn't dated much.

I'd still happily swap my IS200 for a new IS250 SR though. Having said that if my IS200 was immaculate, low mileage and in a colour I preferred it would be a very close thing.

I did ask the dealer what he thought of my choice of move and of course he thought I'd be better of with the SR......but also said I'm certainly not the 1st and won't be the last to revert back to the old IS which made me feel a little better....my bad experiences with the diesel engine are not just mechanical so i wouldn't feel to comfortable driving around in the new petrol IS constantly wondering if......

the window wipers will stick half way up the screen, the rear demister will stop working,the leather will ware of the seats,the cd player will stop working causing the car to be off the road for a month because just for the cd player they have to replace the whole center console,the power steering will fail,my key-less entry system will stop working,the car won't start because of immobilizer faults,i leave a cloud of white smoke every time I pull away and on and on

I could go on forever.... And i really don't want to put anyone off i truly believe I had the Friday afternoon car the new IS is a fabulous car when its working but once bitten twice shy for me 4 yrs of owning my old IS the only problem I ever had was a brake light bulb going..

And I really hope I have the same luck with this one my god I think I deserve it

Rant over Goodnight all

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links