Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Headlamp Washers

• 10 years later...

A very old thread I know......

Washer water started leaking out on the passenger side - on inspection, the water pipe right-angle connector had come away from the end of the headlight washer unit.  The connector just seemed to need pushing back into the unit, no obvious means of fixing being apparent.  Topped up with water and lo and behold water starter leaking out on the driver's side.  Exactly the same had happened on this side and this connector was also pushed back in.

I never actually use the headlight washers!

Questions:

Is it simply a coincidence that both connectors should have popped out - or might there be a reason?

Simply pushing the connectors back in does not seem very secure.  Should there be a means of fixing to prevent this happening again?

Thanks to all.

Thanks for the advice Herbie. 

Just to clarify, the right-angled connectors had both come adrift from the body of the washer unit rather than the flexible pipes parting from the connectors.  Are these all just push fits?  Seems a little surprising when water under pressure is required to extend the actuator.

Alan

I don't know Alan, to be honest.

I was just working on the premise that whenever my garden hose springs a leak at a connector I just cut an inch off the pipe and everything's good again 🙂

Thanks Herbs,

No leaks today, however I never use the headlamp washers!

The 'elbow' connectors have both popped out once so I have no confidence they won't do so again.  It would be good to hold them in using a tie-wrap, etc. but there is no obvious convenient mounting place for this.

Alan