Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Heated Seat Doesn't Work

Apparently it is a common problem that the heater elements fail, if the indicator light comes on when you operate the switch you have power to the relay, listen for a click when you press the switch ( I think the relay is under the seat) this should indicate the relay is operating.

The wire colour to the heater elements should be either Blue/Yellow or Red/yellow ( my cd rom manual is US spec so passenger/driver may differ).

If you have a voltmeter check for 12 volts on this wire, if you have it the element(s) have gone ( one in the seat base and one in the seat back.

Both seats are fed off the same fuses so they will be OK as the passenger side still works.

mat when i bought my Mark 3 with 72k on the clock the drivers seat didnt work either. The passenger side works fine. I then replaced the drivers seat with a seat from a mark 3 which had only done 50k miles (because the leather on the original seat was worn and was letting the car down) but to my surprise the heated seat still does not. It is a common fault and i have just not bothered after that.

if you come up with a solution please post up

Hi welcome to LOC UK.

Yes there are 2 panels one in the base ( squab) and one in the back.

I don't know much about fitting but think its fairly easy once you have removed the seat back.

As for the cost whatever it is in the UK it will be half that in the US try www.sewelllexus.com you can normally get the price online and they deliver.

Hi welcome to LOC UK.

I don't know much about fitting but think its fairly easy once you have removed the seat back.

As for the cost whatever it is in the UK it will be half that in the US try www.sewelllexus.com you can normally get the price online and they deliver.

Hi welcome to LOC UK.

Well, I always thought there were two heat pads per seat, but the local Lexus dealership parts man recently told me there was only one.

What I do know for sure is that my driver's seat-heater was replaced by Lexus under warranty when I bought the car, and four years later it has failed again ! (1996 Mk 3)

• 1 year later...