Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Air In The Cooling System

lizzy borden

• 3 weeks later...

No one else had this?

system is self bleeding or should be. worst comes to the worst park the car on an incline or jack the front up, remove the rad cap and run it gently for a while with the heater on. With the rad cap as the highest point it will encourage any air to exit that way. Other than that drain and refill the system

• 1 month later...

no need to park on an incline, it is very easy to bleed system, just allow vehicle to run with rad cap off till fans kick in. but thats not your problem, you will only hear a gurgling noise from the heater matrix when the coolant is low. check your level and top up if neccessary.

u will find all lexus models can do it as the cooling system is very similar in design across the range. the most common is the IS200 as the dash on this is smaller then the rest, when the coolant gets low in this model its very noticeable.

• 3 months later...
I can hear air/gurgling in the heater matrix behind the dash.

Any special requirements for bleeding the system, or is it normal? :question:

I had exactly that problem.

1) To bleed the system, either add a bleed valve to the uppermost pipe, at the rear of the engine, next to the screen.

2) or, place car uphill and start engine, place heating controls to full hot inside and squeeze tube to burp the system, with top removed from radiator, adding water as needed.

Sound should go.

• 2 weeks later...
I can hear air/gurgling in the heater matrix behind the dash.

Any special requirements for bleeding the system, or is it normal? :question:

I had exactly that problem.

1) To bleed the system, either add a bleed valve to the uppermost pipe, at the rear of the engine, next to the screen.

2) or, place car uphill and start engine, place heating controls to full hot inside and squeeze tube to burp the system, with top removed from radiator, adding water as needed.

Sound should go.

I just topped up the system and it cured it.