Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dont know if this post will go through as i have never done this before. I have recently said goodbye to an old friend , this being my prized Mk11 golf gti, and it was almost concours and absoloutly no rust. Fifteen years of VW motoring , and i must say my last golf (5yrs) was trouble free motoring. In all of fifteen years of VW forums , i never once posted.

Anyway, i have just become chief commander of an is 220d se, my wife and children made so much pressure for a new car and it was almost a BMW 320d that was purchased, but the looks and interior of the Lex won the day, along with the service and the reputation.

I was almost blown over in fear when having just purchased the car and suddenly found this site,this being about the fifth injector and other niggles. I have just had the car back from this recall, and initialy have found the car slightly more sluggish and the fuel return appears to be not as economical as before, could this be an ironing out moment?

Further to the recall my local dealer did inform me of not giving out wine anymore, however they did fill the car to the brim(great). Anyway the cup holder wouldnt accomodate the bottle.

I have been looking at new tyres at the moment im thinking about Continental Sport contact 3 had a quote for the pair/rear:£260 anyone got a comment on this price and tyre?

Also had a look at front/rear pads EDC £74.00 incl vat and delivery. any good?

Lexus quoted me £38 rear and £63 front.

Welcome & congrats on your 1st post....yes it did work :D

There are quite a few threads on the 220d & the 5th injector issue and I'm sure someone whith experience of it will be along shortly to answer your query on that.

There's a topic here regarding tyres & choice which maybe helpful

Welcome & congrats on your 1st post....yes it did work :D

There are quite a few threads on the 220d & the 5th injector issue and I'm sure someone whith experience of it will be along shortly to answer your query on that.

There's a topic here regarding tyres & choice which maybe helpful

Congratulations. If you get a good one, it's great little car for what it is and the best looking compacexec. If you get a bad one, you'll wish you'd gone for the IS250 or something else. It's an infamous car on and off here for a number of reasons that you can read about in numerous threads on here along with tales of joy from other owners of the 220. I hope it works out for you. Good luck with your purchase.

Welcome to the LOC!

If you have costco up there then do check them out for a set of tyres.

I do like the Contis - they are a nice grippy (soft compound) tyre. Had a full set fitted to my RX and am very happy with them. I would also suggest you look at many on-line tyre places and compare prices to get an idea of how competitive the price you have been quoted actually is. Don't be afraid to play your local garage off against the Internet places.

Dont know if this post will go through as i have never done this before. I have recently said goodbye to an old friend , this being my prized Mk11 golf gti, and it was almost concours and absoloutly no rust. Fifteen years of VW motoring , and i must say my last golf (5yrs) was trouble free motoring. In all of fifteen years of VW forums , i never once posted.

Anyway, i have just become chief commander of an is 220d se, my wife and children made so much pressure for a new car and it was almost a BMW 320d that was purchased, but the looks and interior of the Lex won the day, along with the service and the reputation.

I was almost blown over in fear when having just purchased the car and suddenly found this site,this being about the fifth injector and other niggles. I have just had the car back from this recall, and initialy have found the car slightly more sluggish and the fuel return appears to be not as economical as before, could this be an ironing out moment?

Further to the recall my local dealer did inform me of not giving out wine anymore, however they did fill the car to the brim(great). Anyway the cup holder wouldnt accomodate the bottle.

I have been looking at new tyres at the moment im thinking about Continental Sport contact 3 had a quote for the pair/rear:£260 anyone got a comment on this price and tyre?

Also had a look at front/rear pads EDC £74.00 incl vat and delivery. any good?

Lexus quoted me £38 rear and £63 front.

welcome to the forum,as regards the tyres,i had a very good quote for a set to the rear at my last change with a local discount retailer and oem bridgstones btw,out of interest phoned the local lex dealer who did them for £10 more,i thought the little extra was worth it,£118 each.

Thanks to all the replies to my first post, seems to me i have stumbled over quite the community. to questions asked, i live in Fife at the moment but come from Edinburgh. (surfs up)

I have done some sole searching today on tyres and it would appear that that price will beat Costco, at the garage today i talked to the manager who looked a bit shocked at the price that i was offered in his abscense from the previous day, at one point he suggested i try Khumo tyres ,but i quickly refused.

The snow is arriving in a day or two so time is of the essance, i would have liked to replace like for like as the car at the moment has michelin primacy hp's but that again that was further expense however did get the price in the net for £157 each but excluding fitting.(did consider wrapping the tyres up and offering the kids a tyre each for xmas) dont think that would have gone down to well.

Had to chase up some wiper blades today anyone got a solution. I went to get 19"and 22" blades best price got was at euro car parts (£9.11), however when i took the entire blade from the car into the shop it would seem that the spoiler on the factory blade did not disconnect and allow me to fit the bosch blade. The guy in the shop was in the dark, then the boss came on the scene and said if it were him just disguard the the factory one...... dont think so mate, why would i do that, i actually like the spoiler and would wish to keep it.

Then decided to phone Lexus and apparently they would fit only the rubber wipe part for a staggering £15, dont know if i was being fleased or this was a lazy response , i then asked if a tech guy may assist in what would seem to be a small job, no was the answer, followed buy the job in fact is a fiddley and time consuming job.

I will get used to this chatty stuff, in that i mean, i dont half go on!!!!!

CHEERS ALL.