Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

N/s Brake Caliper Cradle + Bolts?

Dan_Harris

Ok guys I know this is a bit of a long shot but thanks to some muppet garage that had my car before me they cross threaded the top bottom bolt nackering the thread on the bolt aswell as the caliper!

Only found this out when changeing my discs managed to get the new disc on but getting a horrible knocking from the caliper hitting the disc on that side now!

Let me know what you guys have :) even just the bolt would be handy

If you get really stuck, I have a GS calliper mount which may be the same (and bolts too I think). Only problem is I'm not where they are until next weekend, although I might be able to get someone else to send one for me if need be. It would be more of a lottery that they sent the right thing than if I did it though.

Ok mate well me and sam are going to be taking it apart this sunday to have another look see.

So no urgent rush, there isn't any judder when it's hitting the disc but it can't be good for it, we did notice that the cradle runs really close to the discs itself when fitting, keep me posted mate :D not sure if they are the same mounts as the IS wonder if anyone can confirm?

I'm sure monster-mat has mentioned before that the calipers are interchangeable, so from that perspective it is likely to fit. Not sure on the mount holes to the hub though, so I guess it would end up a "try it and see" excercise unless someone had specifically tried it before.

Ok guys I know this is a bit of a long shot but thanks to some muppet garage that had my car before me they cross threaded the top bottom bolt nackering the thread on the bolt aswell as the caliper!

Only found this out when changeing my discs managed to get the new disc on but getting a horrible knocking from the caliper hitting the disc on that side now!

Let me know what you guys have :) even just the bolt would be handy

Ok can you not get a set of taps for the thread on the caliper.

Or even tap out to a bigger size then get a bolt to match?

Tigerfish it appears that it is the same as the GS300, did a bit of research and it comes up as the exact same part number according to toyodiy.com

see here :

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_E_2000_LEXU...EFVKW_4705.htmlhttp://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_E_1998_LEXU...EAQFW_4705.html

So if you could let me know when your back and i'll gladly take this off your hands :D

Tigerfish it appears that it is the same as the GS300, did a bit of research and it comes up as the exact same part number according to toyodiy.com

see here :

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_E_2000_LEXU...EFVKW_4705.htmlhttp://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_E_1998_LEXU...EAQFW_4705.html

So if you could let me know when your back and i'll gladly take this off your hands :D

Replied to PM mate. Should be able to send out next weekend.

Just to confirm the caliper body is the same, the mounting bracket will not fit!

Tried a MK1 GS300 carrier on an IS200 recently and it is out by a few MM.. but enough to not line up..

really the part numbers are exactly the same :s 47722 is the part i'm refering to. My IS is a 2000x reg mate

Yup, that part is the same. If you click on the number in the diagram, it then highlights the part in the table next to it. The full part number is different :(