Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Guys

Hope somebody can help regards removing the door locking control motor (seems to be a common problem with the Lexus)

I thought it was the door ECU gone but I did a swop with one of the other doors and I have the same problem which is offside passenger door will unlock on the key fob but will not lock back up so the next thing is take the lock motor out, has anybody done one of these.

I have removed the 4 bolts and it is now loose in the door but does not want to come out any help would be much appreciated.

Norman :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Guys

Hope somebody can help regards removing the door locking control motor (seems to be a common problem with the Lexus)

I thought it was the door ECU gone but I did a swop with one of the other doors and I have the same problem which is offside passenger door will unlock on the key fob but will not lock back up so the next thing is take the lock motor out, has anybody done one of these.

I have removed the 4 bolts and it is now loose in the door but does not want to come out any help would be much appreciated.

Anyone help on this door actuator I have found out it is called.

Hi Guys

Anyone help on this door actuator I have found out it is called.

Sorry mate, cannot help specifically as I have not seen a Mk1 actuator. But normally there will be a connecting rod(s) to connect to door lock and/or handles. If these are not disconnected, it won't come out of the door. Are they all disconnected?

Hi

It is a Mark2 and in all fairness it was bloody cold when I was having a go at it, as it is at the moment the doors will lock on the fob but the rear passenger one doesn't so I do it manually,I will wait until the weather gets better before having another go.

Thanks for the reply

Hi

It is a Mark2 and in all fairness it was bloody cold when I was having a go at it, as it is at the moment the doors will lock on the fob but the rear passenger one doesn't so I do it manually,I will wait until the weather gets better before having another go.

Thanks for the reply

Sorry, that was a typo on my behalf and I meant a Mk2. Definately need to check that all linkage rods are disconnected from it.