Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Charging Dead Battery

Avril

coming back from vacation i find the Battery is dead (only 3 weeks and i charged it fully before leaving).

I opened door using key, opened bonnet, and connected my new Battery conditioner/charger.

Immediately the alarm starts - weakly ,then stronger louder.\

thought about disconnecting Battery, but what settings are lost, and in owners handbook it says the alarm has its

own Battery system whichwill go off (intruder alarm).

Any suggestions please - much appreciated. Somehow batteries must be rechargeable without waking the neigbourhood. SC 430 model

have a read of the owners manual i am sure it will say the alarm will go off once the car is started - so jump start the car and then keep the battery on charge

Thanks Rob, I cant actuallydo that at the moment because of where the car is, leads wont reach.

I am going to look at problem againlater but for now called AA. (I dont like powerpack staters because potential electronic damage and potential computer data loss/corruption onboard, however in this instance will have to go with it. Thanks yr help.

why not disconnect the battery from the car, and recharge it, then replace it ?

Thanks suggestion -but disconnecting the main Battery apparently sets of a hidden power source that sets the intruder alarm off (if you havent shutdown the alarm by using the remote keylock - which cant be done because the Battery is flat - chicken and egg here). I'm going with AA to get started but need to get this apparent conundrum sorted - will let you(members) know outcome of my research in due course.

Best Regards

When you set the alarm off the first time, how did you stop it again?

And if you did manage to stop it, can't you just get one of those cigarette lighter Battery chargers, open the car, plug it in and then get out and deactivate alarm before causing too much annoyance?

why not disconnect the battery from the car, and recharge it, then replace it ?

Thanks suggestion -but disconnecting the main Battery apparently sets of a hidden power source that sets the intruder alarm off (if you havent shutdown the alarm by using the remote keylock - which cant be done because the Battery is flat - chicken and egg here). I'm going with AA to get started but need to get this apparent conundrum sorted - will let you(members) know outcome of my research in due course.

Best Regards

As long as the alarm is off when you take out the Battery then it shouldn't be a problem.

You should always charge it off the car anyway for safety sake and to highlight any probs with the Battery, without any outside influences from the car itself.

How old is the Battery? Did you know that lead-acid batteries should not be left discharged for any length of time as it buggers them up. If it refuses to hold a charge then bin it and get a new one.