Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls 400 Cabin Temperature Display

Hi

Could anyone help me in how to obtain a replacement cabin temperature display for my LS 400. It has a crack down the centre and thus it is unreadable. Funny but it started after it had been to the dealers to have work done. As usual the dealers want a small fortune for this relatively cheap to manufacture part. I have tried to get one from a local breakers yard but he only had one LS 400 and it had the same problem.

Cheers

Hi welcome to LOC.

Never had one crack before they normally go black and unreadable.

However all is not lost you can buy the LCD and fit it yourself or send it away and have it done and I think Chris Vince ( LOC member) is still doing them.

The cost of the display is $125.00 on eBay.com plus delivery if you want to DIY.

You need the year of the car as they are different between series 1 and 2

Hi Jazz,

Yes Chris Vince is your man, he can supply you plus removal and installation instructions for a reasonable fee.

I'm getting a new one in the new year, i've just had mt dashboard fixed by the same man. Speedy service mate.

Contact me if you cant find him here, i wouldn't like to post his details here?? its upto him to decide

• 3 weeks later...
Hi

Could anyone help me in how to obtain a replacement cabin temperature display for my LS 400. It has a crack down the centre and thus it is unreadable. Funny but it started after it had been to the dealers to have work done. As usual the dealers want a small fortune for this relatively cheap to manufacture part. I have tried to get one from a local breakers yard but he only had one LS 400 and it had the same problem.

Cheers

hi jazzsaxman i to have a ls400 with a u/s temp/clock display , did you get the info to fix the problem if so could you pls forward it to me .

thankyou for the help .

By the way my login as you can see jaz56 this part of the reg that came with the car .

all the best nige.