Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone Got A Battery Charger I Could Borrow Please?

As per title, has anyone got a Battery charger I could borrow to charge the Battery on my lex please? I'm in the manchester area and am in bolton a lot as well. I need to charge the Battery so the car can be started before it goes to the bodyshop.

Cheers

Edit: can a mod please correct the spelling mistake in the title. thanks

I can jump start the car mate but cant drive it as it still hasnt been repaired so thats why I need a charger so I can charge the Battery so it doesnt need jump starting when it goes to be repaired whilst its being repaired. The Battery defo needs charging as the car hasnt been driven for a long period of time now, just hope its still got some life in it.

I've got jump leads mate but need the charger so I can give the Battery a good charge as it really is as flat as anything. I've jump started the car in the past and ran it for over 30mins I think but the Battery was that low that when I turned the engine off I couldnt start it again but I could operate the central locking/alarm/cd player etc off the remaining power in the Battery.

Nice one gord! you're a saviour mate! Does it work well at charging batteries mate as I remember the cheap ones u used to get never worked properly lol. I've got a lot on this week but should be able to meet up with you sometime tomorrow if its ok with you. I'm from M12 area of manchester btw.

Nice one gord! you're a saviour mate! Does it work well at charging batteries mate as I remember the cheap ones u used to get never worked properly lol. I've got a lot on this week but should be able to meet up with you sometime tomorrow if its ok with you. I'm from M12 area of manchester btw.

It charged the Battery on the Audi the other week, its a slow charge one, had it now for yrs. yep tomorrow ok with me, will pm you address & number.

Thanks again mate. Its good to have members which are nearby. Dont think I've ever come across a club which is as friendly and helpful as this one. You'll have to see my car when I get it on the road mate.

Yer mate no problem, its the members that make the club :winky:

Yayyyy!! It worked!! Finally got round to getting the Battery out the car yesterday and putting it on charge and checked it today and the car started first time round! Glad that I dont need a new Battery now. Think the car does need a good service tho, possibly sparks as it turned a few times before it started. Maybe the Battery aint up to full capacity yet but at least the charger worked. I've removed the Battery from the car again so it doesnt go flat but just glad that no money needs to be spent in that dept.

Thanks again Gordon and sorry its taken me so long. Had loads of uni work to do over the past week so didnt get a chance with the lex. Whens it ok for me to drop the charger back at urs anyway mate?

Yayyyy!! It worked!! Finally got round to getting the battery out the car yesterday and putting it on charge and checked it today and the car started first time round! Glad that I dont need a new battery now. Think the car does need a good service tho, possibly sparks as it turned a few times before it started. Maybe the battery aint up to full capacity yet but at least the charger worked. I've removed the battery from the car again so it doesnt go flat but just glad that no money needs to be spent in that dept.

Thanks again Gordon and sorry its taken me so long. Had loads of uni work to do over the past week so didnt get a chance with the lex. Whens it ok for me to drop the charger back at urs anyway mate?

Glad that it worked. But how long are you going to leave it before starting again though ? If the Battery hasn't been used for a while, it might not be in good condition and might not hold the charge that long. Wouldn't want you to give back the charger, then try and start it a while later and find the Battery is dead again !

I never thought of that lol...well I've been in talks with a bodyshop today that I spoke to some time back and have decided that I might be taking the car there for the repairs. They're quite busy this week but I've been told to ring them either 2moro or weds to see whats happening and if the car can go in this week. If the car goes in for repairs this week then I should think it wont be left long without starting and once fixed I'll regulary start it anyway until I get the mot etc sorted. Oh yeh, I went to the bodyshop today just to see what kinda cars they were working on at the moment and to check their standards of work and was greeted by a E55 AMG....what a car and from what I could tell it was a really good job being done on the car too so if someone trusts them with a car like that then I think they'll do a good job with the lex hopefully.