Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Lex

micromarc

Just thought it put up some pics of my car and whats been done. My mate did a wee photo shoot as well so i ll pu them up too.

So lets start with how i got the car,

DSC00289.jpg

DSC00291.jpg

DSC00290.jpg

Then after a wee play :(

DSC00301.jpg

So after bein off the road for the best part of 2 months waitin for the bonnet :roll: the car comes back :D

DSC00335.jpg

DSC00336.jpg

DSC00338.jpg

DSC00339.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Changed the wiper arms as well

old ones

DSC00372.jpg

New ones 8)

DSC00377.jpg

rear strut brace 8) just an eBay jobbie but does the trick

DSC00381.jpg

First up decided to ditch the nice comfy heated leather drivers seat and get myself a bride. While i was at it got a takatta harness from martin too cheers:)

DSC00385.jpg

DSC00386.jpg

DSC00426.jpg

DSC00427.jpg

Not in the best nick but for the price i m well chuffed, cheers to ketch for makin the brackets up

Next up the car got treated to some of G's magic to remove the overspray and all the other ******* on the paint work. Came up amazing the boy knows his stuff!lol

edinburghcruise forums

Got myself some nice under braces at a bargain price from the lexus forum, notice a wee difference in steering and the back ends alot tighter as well, quality name to!

Before fitting them

DSC00397.jpg

DSC00398.jpg

Then during fitting on the expert jack

DSC00400.jpg

lol

And some more pics i ve got

DSC00403.jpg

DSC00406.jpg

DSC00411.jpg

DSC00412.jpg

Had to do some maintanence on the car this month, had to replace the radiator as its been dribbling, new oil and filter as i ve been meaning to do it for months lol

Aso thought i better change the rear discs and pads

DSC00414.jpg

So a wee call to Yarass and he sorted me out with some new discs and a set of Red stuff pads

Wee lick of black hammerite on the centers and jobs done:)

DSC00428.jpg

And to finish off the interuor picked up a set of second hand matts nice and cheap and pretty good condition to

DSC00423.jpg

DSC00424.jpg

Hi Mark, very nice, where did you get your wiper arms from and how much did they set you back ?

Cheers, Tommy

I went to lexus for them, not the cheapest think there was nt much change from £100.

Some good pics mate, any more plans?

Stav

Few things to do over the winter, i got a small sheet of carbon twill that i m gonna play with on the covers in the engine bay, looks simple enough so see what happens!lol

Wantin to do the darker headlights and maybe de-tango them. They need replaced anyways, covered in scratches on the lenses.

Few more things i m considering, really want more power!lol but other things come first.

Nice work, think spraying the headlights like others have done on here, would look good on yours :) Also how hard was it to make up the seat brackets,subframe?

Thinkin about tryin the lights over winter.

I had my mate make the frame up, it was an mx-5 subframe that came with seat, couple of extensions here and there and a wee bend. If i remember right you can get a subframe from bide for the tezz, but i m a bit tight!lol

Cheers for all the comments guys :D

looking well nice matey!!i just got me one of those bumpers!!were in edinburgh you from?im from the land of edinburgh too!!!

Ah cool. I m from Crewe Toll ish? Yourself?

I m out and about in the town alot so maybe see you sometime.

hi,did the rear strut brace in the boot make any difference,to the handling,etc and was it fairly easy to fit because ive been thinking of getting one too,cheers??

I noticed quite a bit of a difference to be honest, as i have the EDFC controller a had to soften the back up more as it was too stiff in corners!lol now with the lower brace its even better get no roll/wobble or flex.

i work at the toyota garage at camerontoll so the cars out side the work but i live in penicuik!

if you see a green lex reg l8xss thats me give me a wee flash and a toot!!

you know any other is200 drivers?we could have a mini meet? :winky:

i work at the toyota garage at camerontoll so the cars out side the work but i live in penicuik!

Dont think i ve seen it yet. You could be very handy to know :winky: lol

Wait dont suppose you know Martin wi the teg? carbon bonnet? totally random but he was talkin about a mate of his that worked for toyota?

Dont know any one else but we should get some sort of scottish meet sorted

Dont think i ve seen it yet. You could be very handy to know :winky: lol

Wait dont suppose you know Martin wi the teg? carbon bonnet? totally random but he was talkin about a mate of his that worked for toyota?

Dont know any one else but we should get some sort of scottish meet sorted

know the car and heard the name!but he knows the chris the apprentice dude!if you need anything ive me a shout as i get discount!! :winky:

you up for a wee meet?anyone else interested?

• 2 months later...

An update of sorts i suppose, not the best tho :crybaby:

About 6 weeks ago the car was parked in its normal place outside the house when i heard a crunch. I pop outside to find that my neighbor across the street had reversed into my rear quarter!(not parked in the same place as where the pictures were taken)

DSC00049.jpg

DSC00048.jpg

At first did nt think the damage was too bad, until i took it too a body shop, the rough quote was around the 2k mark. So all went thru the insurance.

The cars still there just now waiting on the rear lights arriving from the states! Been to see the car and the work is top class. Had a few other bits done while the car was there. The front arches have been slightly rolled as they started rubbing and the dodgy coloured other quarter has been fixed too.(Look further up and you ll see a side view of the drivers side and you ll see what i mean!)

Now on a seperate note, anyone used Accident Exchange before? Thats whose dealing with all the work and the claim for repairs. They ve given me a courtesy car till mine is fixed, got a 58 plate IS220D SE! So cool!lol

Keep them in mind for any non fault accidents guys, dont have to tell your insurance company so saves your no claims! :winky:

Hopefully once i get the car back can start putting some of my plans into place :D

Gutted about the accident mate, ive used a third party company before. really quite good.

Whats the next plans then fella?

Well wanna get the stuff i ve got here on the car so thats, folding mirrors, flashing brake lights, rad panel and a new set of bonnet lifters.

Then the engine bays gettin really hit, paint carbon and shiny bits!lol all will be revealed soonish! :winky:

I m really tempted to pop some subs in the boot too but just trying to work out how to run an amp from the standard setup :unsure:

I didn't realise you'd got a turbo mate?

Hope the repairs all go smoothly though, that's a proper bummer when that happens!

Excuse my ignorance but eh?lol Turbo?

All the repairs are finished just the lights to come back now.