Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Save 31% Petrol?

The best and easiest, foolproof way to save 31% on petrol is to cut your car usage by around 31%. Sorry for stating the bleeding obvious, but these things just don't work. Changing up gears earlier, not letting your engine labour in too high a gear and coming off your accelerator pedal earlier when coming up to red traffic lights or junctions and not coasting up to them in neutral will have a positive effect but not this.

Jim.

cheers me mons. Its not that i was considering it, i was just doing an eBay search for anything is200 related and it came up. I dont know the most about cars (blatantly) so i thought i'd ask my trusty fellows at the forum for a tip!

Oh by the isi24uk, you say to reduce fuel not to coast? is this right, i coast everywhere in an attempt to save fuel? im i making a mistake?

Yep... If you allow the car to coast, then the engine management still needs to inject fuel for the engine to idle, if you simply back off the throttle and leave the car in gear, then the fuel supply will be cut off all together as the momentum of the car keeps the engine turning.. Every little helps

any one tried theses? the Mileage Maxx!?

sounds pretty good but i doubt it does much

ebay item 270303501863

Don't waste your money, but I have found an item on fleabay that is an absolutely foolproof way of saving petrol :winky: . Can guarantee if fixed to the front of the car and used in the correct way it is guaranteed to save on your fuel. Item number: 140283292716

Yes, leave car in gear. Plus the fact it's not safe to "drive" car in neutral. Bascially if you know the route like the back of ur hand than you know when not to press the gas pedal anymore and let the car reach the junction on it's own, with least braking as possible. I can honestly say i'd be surprised if anyone can drive the route that i use for the past 3 yrs to be more efficient than me lol. Know every bump in the road, when to change gears, what gear i should be at by certain point. I never let the revs reach 3000rpm at any time and never reach above 60mph in 6th gear. Im sad, but you need something to think about when your on the road for 2 hrs a day lol. Oh also i never fill the car up ever, always fill half way which was £30 a week for me, but now petrols gone down i get an extra day or two a week, bonus! lol.

Yes, leave car in gear. Plus the fact it's not safe to "drive" car in neutral. Bascially if you know the route like the back of ur hand than you know when not to press the gas pedal anymore and let the car reach the junction on it's own, with least braking as possible. I can honestly say i'd be surprised if anyone can drive the route that i use for the past 3 yrs to be more efficient than me lol. Know every bump in the road, when to change gears, what gear i should be at by certain point. I never let the revs reach 3000rpm at any time and never reach above 60mph in 6th gear. Im sad, but you need something to think about when your on the road for 2 hrs a day lol. Oh also i never fill the car up ever, always fill half way which was £30 a week for me, but now petrols gone down i get an extra day or two a week, bonus! lol.

Surely your using more fuel by never taking it above 3000rpm? If you were going up a hill you would perhaps need to be above 3000 in a higher gear to let the engine cruise up rather than have it struggling...