Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Couple Questions I Need Answered :d

Garysean

Hey guys need a few questions answered if possible.

Got a 02 plate IS200 was wondering what Oil the car takes is it 5w-40 ? also whats a good oil to use is Shells Brand (Ferarri developed) oil k ?

The car ive got is also a automatic when i put it into drive and put handbrake off the car from the brakes seems to clunk ? like i'll push down on the brake and i get a strange clunk noise its hard to describe.

Bought a HID Conversion Kit (Link through forums) is there any fitting guides on the forums i tried a search but the search engine seems pretty useless !

Lat but not least anyone know where to source the following parts fairly cheap ?, Spoiler, Timing Belt, Water Pump,

Thanks again

I use 5w-30 Mobil1 fully synthetic.

Yeah, that clunking noise is common. Its the floating calipers, and that noise is the pads moving when you press on the brakes. You will hear it, fowards and backwards. Some say they hear it on rough roads.

What kind of HID conversion kit did you get?

Look in the F.S. forums to find discounts. Here in the states, we can get the part # from Lexus and call Toyota for better pricing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=200274181640

that one there was linked on here last week fellow forum user was saying he's had his for about a year no problems.

Thanks for the oil and clunking advice i was very worried about the noise is it curable at all ?

I did try email Lexus Glasgow about Parts/Pricing for things but thats been a week with no reply (Customer Service seems high on ther elist lol...)

I would suggest that you buy the timing belt from LEXUS It's a very important bit of kit, so go for the genuine part. If you buy one that is aftermarket and it fails you are talking a serious ammount of money. They are not that expensive.

The spoiler and other bits come up on Fleabay on a regular basis.

Terry

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=200274181640

that one there was linked on here last week fellow forum user was saying he's had his for about a year no problems.

Thanks for the oil and clunking advice i was very worried about the noise is it curable at all ?

I did try email Lexus Glasgow about Parts/Pricing for things but thats been a week with no reply (Customer Service seems high on ther elist lol...)

I think there is a fix for the calipers. Its called a fix kit. Not sure how much they run.

Your brakes shouldn't "clunk", that's not right. I'll leave others to comment further on that.

As for the parts, try CheapToyotaParts, I got my water pump from them. Also don't forget to try Lexus/Toyota for a quote too, and if you're a Gold member you can get a discount from most dealers.

Did you not get instructions in your HID kit ? All you really need to do is unplug your headlamp bulb, connect the existing car's headlamp plug into the HID kit, and insert the HID bulb into the headlamp, then fix down the ballast somewhere convenient (e.g. with strong sticky pads).

The clunk you are haearing will be, as said before, the pads moving around inside the caliper. The pads are supposed to be held in using clips and these stop them moving. However it seems that quite often when having the pads changed by a non lexus garage they seem to throw away the clips which then results in the problems you are having. You can buy the clips for each pad (and remember there are 2 for each wheel) for around £8 or the whole kit for about £60 from lexus. But that price was from Lexus Park Lane in London so you can almost garruntee a better prive elsewhere.

Your HIDs should have come with at least some basic instructions. But it's just as steve said above if you don't. Just bare in mind that if they dont work the first time you plug them in reversed the polarity on the ballasts and it should then work.

Ed

Hey Guys thanks for the replys..

The Brake clips i'll get checked to see if there missing as it's a full lexus service history so they should be there :shutit: .

The HID kit i fitted last night...got to say wow really was easy and there super bright :D...although i did have difficulty in the drivers side. i set my lights to turn on auto but it seemed as if it didnt want to do that every time i turned engine on 1 side seemed to stay off until i turned lights on and off again :/ whats the polarity change ?

The HID kit i fitted last night...got to say wow really was easy and there super bright :D...although i did have difficulty in the drivers side. i set my lights to turn on auto but it seemed as if it didnt want to do that every time i turned engine on 1 side seemed to stay off until i turned lights on and off again :/ whats the polarity change ?

The polarity is which way round the plus and minus of the electrical connectors are. If the polarity was wrong on one of the lights, then that light wouldn't work at all, not just sometimes. Basically on these kits quite often it doesn't really tell you which way to insert the connectors, you can try it one way and test the lights, if it doesn't, then pull the plug out, turn it over and plug it in the opposite way round.

Hey Guys thanks for the replys..

The Brake clips i'll get checked to see if there missing as it's a full lexus service history so they should be there :shutit: .

i wouldnt set your lights to auto mate, it says in the manual not to turn the lights on without the engine started. so if its auto then they will come on as soon as you turn the key once.

doot know the reason, maybe it drains too much Battery, or maybe turning the engine on when the lights are on could damage the bulbs??