Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

In Car Phone Set Up

GWilso

I have now taken delivery of my new IS200SE Paltinum Ice with sat nav

One of the toys i'm already missing from my 220D is the phone Bluetooth connection...

So i'd like your suggestions as to what aftermarket Bluetooth systems you are all using and wheather they are any good......?

Secondly has anyone used this guy before?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GENUINE-LEXUS-IS200-...A1%7C240%3A1318

Seems like a fair price,

I also have the newer IS200 alloys which I dont really like so I will probably change I prefer the older stlye so if anyone would consider swapping......?

Thanks Stevie i'll check that out never really considered asking the dealer :crybaby:

Secondly has anyone used this guy before?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GENUINE-LEXUS-IS200-...A1%7C240%3A1318

Seems like a fair price,

Nooooo, it's a rip-off price ! Don't pay that, it should only be about £40-something from a Lexus dealer. Gold membership will get you a discount from most Lexus dealers.

I've got one of these as my Bluetooth kit........BLUETOUCH

I've since moved it from this position, but that's what the touchscreen looks like.

300406454.jpg

I have to admit it's on the pricey side (think it was around £150) but it's pretty reasonable for what it does. First off, the sound quality is fantastic, no pairing/phonebook downloading issues and has some quite ridiculous functionality for a Bluetooth kit (can put calls on hold, call waiting, three-way conference calling, etc)

It's also a music player, so can play mp3s off your phone via Bluetooth, SD card, USB stick and has full iPod support. It's a great piece of kit, and I would highly recommend it but a new one to consider would be the latest Parrot kit (MKi 9200)

101.jpg

This doesn't have a touch screen, but it is full colour, plus it has a few advantages over the Bluetouch in that it can support SDHC (up to 32GB) and it has actual voice recognition rather than voice activation so is probably the one I'd go for if I were to do it now.

Thanks for the info mate I was looking at that parrot system... the MKI9200 seems to tick all the boxes my mobile phone contract is up for renewal next week I might look into some deals maybe I can tie in a car Kit with a new mobile phone contract so watch this space....

Thanks for the info mate I was looking at that parrot system... the MKI9200 seems to tick all the boxes my mobile phone contract is up for renewal next week I might look into some deals maybe I can tie in a car Kit with a new mobile phone contract so watch this space....

Yep I'm sure you'll be happy with that........remember you'll also need to get a phone mute lead (I used the autoleads one) and some kind of aux in (grom)