Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Auto Box, 6th Gear

Hi,

Has anyone else noticed this?

When the car is cold and for the first few miles driving put the car into 'manual mode' and operate the gears with paddles or the sequential shift.

Note that your car will not move into six gear. The digital readout will say '6', but the Gear position readout above it will say '5'.

Is this a safety feature to prevent a car going into a unnecessary high gear when cold? Or not?

Thanks

Hi,

Has anyone else noticed this?

When the car is cold and for the first few miles driving put the car into 'manual mode' and operate the gears with paddles or the sequential shift.

Note that your car will not move into six gear. The digital readout will say '6', but the Gear position readout above it will say '5'.

Is this a safety feature to prevent a car going into a unnecessary high gear when cold? Or not?

Thanks

Hi yes i noticed this and think it's to get the car up to normal op temp asap.

It will move into 6th Gear automatically when your going fast enough for the car to move into 6th Gear.

I havent noticed that it will take longer for the car to move into 6th simply because its cold outside or to reach op. temp

My understanding is, that the lower gear read out on the dash is "what the car will automatically change up to" and therefore you have control using the paddle shift to change higher manually.

Yes I'd imagine it's to allow the engine to warm up quicker by keeping the revs up..........I'm assuming that it won't go into 6th in auto mode either?

I guess it's similar to it not allowing you to redline the engine until it's warm