Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The New 2010 Sc ?

aquanuke

Well the IF-A is supposed to be around £100K which put it in Ferrari Lambo territory. Although it could be that the new gen. SC shares very similiar lines to the IF-A and should be in the £50-£60K range. Surely that would hurt sales of their super car.

It depends on the performance gap to the LF-A, but with the SC at the £50,000+ bracket, it is against some top coupes,

so will need to be first class.... but it will hurt the LF-A sales if they make it too good :whistling:

So Lexus, do you make it good & possibly hurt the LF-A sales, or be trounced by the opposition.......... :unsure: :unsure:

It depends on the performance gap to the LF-A, but with the SC at the £50,000+ bracket, it is against some top coupes,

so will need to be first class.... but it will hurt the LF-A sales if they make it too good :whistling:

So Lexus, do you make it good & possibly hurt the LF-A sales, or be trounced by the opposition.......... :unsure::unsure:

Hasn't Lexus decided not to proceed with the LF-A? Saw this recently:

The writing has been on the wall for some time. Although the Lexus flagship graduated from "concept" to "prototype" when it campaigned in the 24 Hours of Nurburgring, Toyota has refused to even hint at a production date for the V10 supercar. Then Toyota declined to plonk an LF-A silhouette on their Super GT racer, electing to continue with the doomed SC 430 jello mold.

Then news broke that production cars would cost a whopping $225,000, but the LF-A still wouldn't turn a profit. Needless to say, Toyota doesn't like things that are not profitable.

Finally, members of the testing and development crew who have been putting the car though its paces in Germany, as well as test drivers from rival Honda and Nissan crews, have told Autoblog that the LF-A is not destined for the showroom, and will remain only a development platform.

No reasons were given, but we can think of a couple. How many people are willing to part with nigh on a quarter of a million bucks for a Toyota/Lexus? Also, the world's most prolific car maker may not be willing to join the current Nurburgring ****** contest unless it is 100% sure that they can beat the Viper, ZR-1 and perhaps more importantly, the GT-R and upcoming NSX replacement.

Actually, one 'Ring test driver didn't mind going on the record with his opinion. Former Nissan racer, NSX development driver and Nurburgring legend Motoharu "Gan-san" Kurosawa reckons, "Toyota are good at making money, but they're no good at making sports cars."

It's possible with the current market climate that it will never happen............

Although didn't the LF-A set an unofficial Ring lap record - it's a shame if it doesn't get made as it sounds like a cracking car. I personally think they will make it, but they will wait till Toyota is more of a force in F1 before releasing it as they need to have some racing pedigree........

• 5 months later...
It's possible with the current market climate that it will never happen............

Although didn't the LF-A set an unofficial Ring lap record - it's a shame if it doesn't get made as it sounds like a cracking car. I personally think they will make it, but they will wait till Toyota is more of a force in F1 before releasing it as they need to have some racing pedigree........

Hi guys, as far as I'm aware they are still pushing forward with it even in these climate, it was at the geneava show and two of them are taking part in the Nuburgring 24hr race coming up. The supra (I believe) and new NSX (this is confirmed) have both been canned. Well because car companies are scared, I think as Lexus are Toyota's high end brand they will be able to keep pushing this forward even if they drop to slightly lower production levels than assumed.

It should be a very interesting car I don't know of too many, hang any Japanese V10's out there, I just hope it does perform amongst it's piers, at that end of the market it will be up against the big Merc AMG's, close to some ferrari's and a similarly V10 engined Gallardo (if a bit dearer). Also not forgetting (although not V10) the Porsche GT cars and just like all of the exotics here it has to make itself justifyably better than the pain in the arse of every performance car of late, the GTR! We all know that ring speeds will be compared! Plus because this one is japnese this car will be compared all the more harshly with it. It's going to need to be special when it comes down to the tactility and in corner abilities of the car. I have to say all I have heard about really is that engine and it worries me a little because it will live or die by it's driveability and not it's straight line pace which, incidentally won't be range toping anyway judging by the power/torque available from the engine. Don't get me wrong it is a great and original concept I just hope and prey because, I like Lexus that it doesn't get lost in amongst the competition. It needs to be as good or better than the competition and do it all for a lower price! Come on Lexus!!!!! :winky:

I was told by someone at lexus on my last trip down there that there was defo gonna be a new high performance replacement to the SC...as for the LFA...I didnt ask them about it but there must be something in the pipeline. As for that pic...aint it an LFA?

I was told by someone at lexus on my last trip down there that there was defo gonna be a new high performance replacement to the SC...as for the LFA...I didnt ask them about it but there must be something in the pipeline. As for that pic...aint it an LFA?

I think that pick looks like a concept picture of the IS250C rather than an LFA which, is much more low and purposeful looking.