Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Self Service

5chulzy

I'm looking to service my lex myself and was wondering what needed to be done and where to buy the parts from, I'm gonna get a K&N air filter from eBay but I'm not sure on everything else; oil, oil filter, sparkplugs etc.

I brought the car with 24000 miles on it and its now upto 42000 in 18 months.

It had the 3 year service done by lexus when I brought it but thats it. Its a 04 plate

Thanks in advance for any advice

I'm looking to service my lex myself and was wondering what needed to be done and where to buy the parts from, I'm gonna get a K&N air filter from ebay but I'm not sure on everything else; oil, oil filter, sparkplugs etc.

I brought the car with 24000 miles on it and its now upto 42000 in 18 months.

It had the 3 year service done by lexus when I brought it but thats it. Its a 04 plate

Thanks in advance for any advice

you wont need sparkplugs as they are 60k but what you will need is a oil filter and oil 5w30 you will also need gearbox oil and diff oil prob a polin filter you can bet your sock's its never been changed!!and you can get them all from a motor factors but you might wanna give toyota a try as they will be cheaper than you think!!

hope that helps matey!!

You would need pretty much stated above, although the major service every 20 k is gearbox oil, diff oil, polin filter and air filter, oil filter.

A good oil is Motul 8100 X max 5w30 which is a true ester based fully synthetic. You will need 4 litres to do a service.