Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rust Starting On My Doors And Boot

Hi guys,

I was cleaning my car yesterday, and I noticed that on the training edges of both front doors and the bottom edge of the boot are starting to discolour. My car is plat ice so you can easily see the brown discolouration coming through. Also, there is some slight blistering on the black painted parts on the B pillar. My car is an '03 so should be well in the paintwork warranty. I've also got problems with my front bumper peeling. Its a Tte front bumper and there are large patches of paint flaking off. I've already raised this with them, and they said the warranty didnt cover bumpers, even though its obviously bad workmanship as the plastic underneath is smooth as a babies provebial. Has any one had any success in asking Lexus to sort it. Cos if I leave it, im gonna end up having to have t resprayed myself, which I really don't want to have to budget for.

What is the best way to ask for warranty work to be done? I've learned from experience that they don't respond quickly to emails and I don't really like phoning as I usually end up not saying what I wanted to. So is a letter better?

Thanks

Gareth

I remember problems with the TTE bumper a while back, and there was even a case of the paint washing away with a pressure washer.

However, with the age of the vehicle they may try to blame wear and tear (stone chips, etc.) but I'd definitely take it to your dealer and firmly disagree with anything they say to make sure it is taken care of.

Has it been resprayed at any point? It's unusual for the doors and stuff to start rusting.........

As I understand it you should be covered on paintwork warranty.

Though this may not cover the bumper. If it's a TTE bumper, was it fitted by Lexus from new? Or been added later? If so, if not done by Lexus themselves, sprayed at fitted by someone else, then you have no come back with Lexus on it.

Not entirely sure here though.

As I understand it you should be covered on paintwork warranty.

Though this may not cover the bumper. If it's a TTE bumper, was it fitted by Lexus from new? Or been added later? If so, if not done by Lexus themselves, sprayed at fitted by someone else, then you have no come back with Lexus on it.

Not entirely sure here though.

If your front bumper has the sport badge on the front, its not Genuine TTE bumper, as above it has been sprayed and fitted by someone else, even from new, i had this with mine, from new, changed mine and rear skirt under warranty, the replacment front bumper and rear lip both has tte on them when i got them back after warrenty, but both never said tte before, the new bumper had small tte badge on the front.

Im not so bothered about the bumper cos as you said it could just be stone chips that have caused it. But it was fitted from new. Its more the doors Im concerned about, cos if Im to keep the car for any period of time, which I entend to do all being well, then its going to go from being a concern to being a real problem. I've sent the lexus contact center (or whatever they call themselves) an email soI'l see what they say. Otherwise I'l have totry and find time togo to the dealer. Do you have to make an appointment to see them? Or can you just show up?

Thanks for the repies

Gareth

We noticed a blemish on the tailgate of our 02 sportcross earlier this year, Lex Derby took photos, sent to Lex, and they approved a complete re-spray of the hatch door. They were particularly interested to make sure it was not a stone chip, ie that the bubbling was coming from inside...as I would expect. All done now, no cost, happy bunny.

i've got a similar problem my 02 IS 200 rear door handels are in a bad state...there is mass amount of laquer peel and it it's flaking off at a bad rate, took it too a bodyshop today they asked was the handles self sprayed...which there not would this be covered under Lexus warrenty ? my B Pillers also has the peeling problem, noticed this on a few IS200 Though think its a common thing ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links