Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Battery Life For Dvd's

Hey Guys,

I was sat last night watching Armageddon for the 5th time just to appreciate the 5.1 Dolby in my 220d lol, and a thought occurred to me. How long is the recommended time to watch a DVD with the Engine Off? i have looked through the Manual and cant see any recommendations.

Anyone have any ideas?

Nope - its a few hours tops. I killed mine when I was in Ireland and took some measurements to find out why.

Takes over 30A [the complete system] even on a low volume. Multiply that that by a few hours and you well exceed any short burst turnover current.

Thirty mins should be fine though.

I've always asked myself, does the DVD player has any use at all? I only use it to listen to DVD audios (which is very good), but for movies it is a total waste in my opinion, especially since it can't be viewed while the car is in motion...

• 2 weeks later...
I've always asked myself, does the DVD player has any use at all? I only use it to listen to DVD audios (which is very good), but for movies it is a total waste in my opinion, especially since it can't be viewed while the car is in motion...

ive "unlocked" the dvd in motion thing and some times leave dvds on for my daughter to watc whilst im driving. beware though, doing this causes the phone menu to start as if you were stopped, but the straight to speed dial it "normaly" does is far better and the destination input part of the sat nav dosent unlock anyway!! slightly dissapointing after a couple of hours graft and chopping your wiring loom!