Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Windows Keep Misting Help!

hello all

i know this time of year that windows mist up but mine seem a tad worse and its embarrising especially when i have a few people in the car at first i thought it was the pollen filter changed it no difference kept changing the dash settings still the same anyone have this prob or know what could be wrong

Have you got your aircon on? If not, turn it on.

If you have got it on, is it working properly? When you turn it to cold, is the air coming out actually cold? (difficult to test at this time as it's so cold outside)

I guess all models of car are different in this respect. Personally, I find my IS200 a bit more likely to steam up than my previous car.

Not sure if I'm understanding the question correctly, but in the picture below, the middle button has been set to recirculate air (left-hand light of the two). This will heat the car more quickly (or cool it more quickly) but will also have more of a tendency to steam up. Make sure it is on the right-hand of the two settings (with the arrow showing air coming in from outside) if things are getting steamy !

As has been said, turning the aircon on will work wonders too.

dsc0252fixframeia7.jpg

One tip for you - give your windows a good clean, and buff them with a clean towel to get rid of any residue from cleaning products etc. This should help quite a bit :)

You might be surprised how much grime comes off and it should cause less misting

whats the best product to use for cleaning windows anyway? I've tried loads and still not been able to find one thats good and doesnt leave marks or shineyness on the screen.

I generally just use a damp cloth unless they're particularly dirty followed by a dry clean cloth - works really well and there will be no smears or anything.

whats the best product to use for cleaning windows anyway? I've tried loads and still not been able to find one thats good and doesnt leave marks or shineyness on the screen.

Most indoor window cleaning products or something like Autoglym Fast Glass should do a good job. If you're getting lots of marks left behind on the inside, it's probably just that your windows are very dirty and need a lot of cleaning ! It's amazing how much muck they can pick up.

make sure climate has not switched over to recirc and if nessesary turn on aircon that will clear it in no time at all

cheers thanks must be a common problem which setting should be on left or right on the console

the right hand light " fresh air"

One tip for you - give your windows a good clean, and buff them with a clean towel to get rid of any residue from cleaning products etc. This should help quite a bit :)

You might be surprised how much grime comes off and it should cause less misting

This is the most important thing. Give the inside of the windows a good clean with something like white vinegar and the misting should decrease a lot.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links