Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Blue Pearl Over White Is200

Right, come the new year my lex is going to be resprayed. Im lucky enough to have a cousin that has his own bodyshop and previous experience working on A1GP cars etc. so im confident in his work. All i have to do is pay for paint and help him prep it all up to get it sprayed.

I love white, absolutely stunning colour that always attracts the attention of my eye especially when its gleaming clean.

However i dont want my car to be just white, i want something that little bit extra that makes people stop and take a second look...

So... i have been playing around on photoshop and have come up with the below example of Pearl Blue over a White base. Please note the picture is not of my car and is of an image from google for illustration purposes. I had to use an example that was already pearl white for better results as my platinum ice was hard to work with. Also changed the wheels to my desired TTE choice.

gallery_320_510_51946.jpg

Any comments, suggestions...?

Ooooo so i am... or is it that you have chosen the same colour as me?! :winky:

I've seen a few variations around before on different cars and i think it will set the 200 off lovely with its long contoured lines down the body. I just need to get the right amount of pearl blue on after the white otherwise i can end up with the wrong effect.

I like the colour of the aston in that post/link but i was aiming for the lines of the car to give off an almost plasma blue glowing effect, and its hard to find examples on computer due to graphics capabilities etc. i got my inspiration from below...

bluepearlhood.jpg

I'd suggest it is worth investing in some colour chips from House of Kolor, these are great (in daylight) for seeing the final effect you can expect. and HOK do make some of the best paint ..... (3 sec clarkson pause) in the world!

Ice white pearls look awesome in the flesh

I like the colour loads, looks well nice :P and i even like the colour of the wheels in the top picture :tomato: I think blue wheels will go well with the blue pearl over the car. Or even slightly darker silver wheels with the same blue pearl on them???

Jason :P

Will look wicked mate! I also think the blue wheels will look good, different and daring is good. Also as hodaz says a white outer lip on the wheels would look good.

Can't wait to see the finished result!

Hmm interesting suggestions on the wheels - to be honest though i completely despise wheels with a different colour lip to them - especially black wheels with polished lips! RARGH THE ANGER! - sorry its just a pet hate kind of thing...

I might give the wheels a go in a bluey sort of colour - at the end of the day if i dont like the colour i can just start again :D

I have no idea why white looks so much better in the US than it does here? :unsure:

I've wondered that too. White looks great in the US but IMHO not so great over here. I wonder if the strength of sunlight has something to do with it ? :unsure:

The paint itself over the years has got better, if you remember white was just flat white, now you can get lots of different sorts of white :D