Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Whistling Sound?

lex28

hi guys...im pretty new on here!! hope everyone doin good

i have an is200 Sport, stlying kit y-plate.

lately i can hear an 'whistling' sounds under the driver rear side everytime i put my foot down on the gas..its quite a strange noise, sounds like bird churping! lol

anyone know what it maybe before i go get my ***** spanked in a garage

PAZ :winky:

hi guys...im pretty new on here!! hope everyone doin good

i have an is200 Sport, stlying kit y-plate.

lately i can hear an 'whistling' sounds under the driver rear side everytime i put my foot down on the gas..its quite a strange noise, sounds like bird churping! lol

anyone know what it maybe before i go get my ***** spanked in a garage

PAZ :winky:

Does it sound almost like one of the belts slipping when you pull away? Try to open your windows and accelerate close to a wall, see if you can hear it more clearly.

Does it sound almost like one of the belts slipping when you pull away? Try to open your windows and accelerate close to a wall, see if you can hear it more clearly.

saying that, yes it also seems the timing is out, not getting the correct response from every gear and the response

Does it only do it when you press the accelerator?

yeh only when i get upto about 30mph + with my foot down, it whistles..

And only when in gear? In that case I probably know what it is, but I don't know how to translate it from Swedish. It's not harmful at all, and it will disappear when the clutch is replaced, in the future.

And only when in gear? In that case I probably know what it is, but I don't know how to translate it from Swedish. It's not harmful at all, and it will disappear when the clutch is replaced, in the future.

clutch replaced?? it is annoying the hel out of me mate!! can i not find another way rather than the clutch??

Might be a belt slipping then, but i'm guessing Lindbolm may be right as he know's his S :tsktsk: T , anyone know Swedish I want to know now what it is.

clutch replaced?? it is annoying the hel out of me mate!! can i not find another way rather than the clutch??

I know how to get rid of it, on the stereo there's a knob thats has Vol next to it turn that up :whistling: problem solved :lol:

I know how to get rid of it, on the stereo there's a knob thats has Vol next to it turn that up :whistling: problem solved :lol:

ive been doing that, but when people turn round and luk at u then u know that they can hear the whilsting too!!!! aarrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhh

ive been doing that, but when people turn round and luk at u then u know that they can hear the whilsting too!!!! aarrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhh

ive been to garage and they cannot find a leak in exhaust..im clueless now

if it happens over 4k then its normal mine does the same I think its something to do with the air box, its probably more noticable due to the sports grill being open thus more air being pushed into the system then with the closed standard grill

Assuming you have the same problem as I'm experiencing it's not the clutch itself, but you need to remove the gearbox to solve it. The only time you want to do that is when you replace the clutch after it's been worn out.

I had my car examined for half a day at a Lexus garage. The only thing they could come up with was a worn clutch release bearing, but that makes no sense as the sound can be heard for about a second during hard acceleration, even though I don’t touch the clutch pedal.

However, I took it to another Lexus garage (with great reputation) and they told me exactly what it is. A bushing inside the gearbox have gone a bit dry and therefore makes the sound. As I said, it’s not harmful at all and it would be quite expensive to open up the gearbox to just replace the bushing. They told me it would be a shame to replace my clutch as it’s in very good condition.

It’s super annoying. I only hear it when my windows are open and I drive through narrow streets where the sound can bounce on the walls, but the fact that I know it’s there annoys me. I was recently on my way to buying a TTE supercharger. I thought that would give me a reason to upgrade the clutch and fix the bushing at the same time. An expensive solution, but in the end it would turn out a quicker car :)

Might be a belt slipping then, but i'm guessing Lindbolm may be right as he know's his S :tsktsk: T , anyone know Swedish I want to know now what it is.

Thanks mate :P Although I’m just familiar to this problem as I’m experiencing it myself.