Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Screwdriver....so dont use that and use a 10mm?

If you mean the ones on the stereo mounting brackets, yes, use a 10mm socket. If you mean the ones on the side of the stereo to screw it to the brackets, use an 8mm spanner or socket.

The security code is set by the user when security codeis enabled. If your stereo doesn't display SEC briefly when you turn it on, the security code has not been set and you have nothing to worry about. If it does show SEC when you turn it on, and you don't know the code, you could have problems.

dont think it does, would it be on main display or on the right hand side where it tells u what radio station is?

Also while your here, i have a bulb out at the top of the heater controls. I read your guide to changing bulbs but will i have to solder new bulbs in or is there an easy way? I may as well change this while its out if its cheap and easy

dont think it does, would it be on main display or on the right hand side where it tells u what radio station is?

Also while your here, i have a bulb out at the top of the heater controls. I read your guide to changing bulbs but will i have to solder new bulbs in or is there an easy way? I may as well change this while its out if its cheap and easy

Not sure which display it will show on mate. Probably the main one but it will be obvious either way once you see it. It will either come up with the radio/player display, or say SEC briefly on one of the displays.

No soldering for the bulbs, just the standard bayonet type fixings that these little "T" type bulbs have. In the labelled pic of the back of the circuit board, the bulb holders, which are built onto the bulbs, are the round coloured bases you can see. They are clear bulbs with green "dobbers" on.

will my local lexus dealer have these in stock? Lexus liverpool, what was the actual part number for the button that displays outside temp? top right hand side of heater dash

Part numbers for the bulbs are in the thread that I linked to mate. Sorry, can't remember if Lexus Derby had them in stock or not.

Had none in stock but getting 1 in for Tuesday, £4.30 i think it was.

Also Tigerfish- On the back of the stereo, which cable do you put into it for the Bluetooth carkit? I have a cable like this

ISOTOY.jpg

Which 1 do I put into the headunit and where abouts? As I look at it from the top, there is a blue connector (CD changer?) and then 2x different sized white connectors either side of the unit.

Any help would be quality as im going to try and do this on thursday.

Had none in stock but getting 1 in for Tuesday, £4.30 i think it was.

Also Tigerfish- On the back of the stereo, which cable do you put into it for the bluetooth carkit? I have a cable like this

ISOTOY.jpg

Which 1 do I put into the headunit and where abouts? As I look at it from the top, there is a blue connector (CD changer?) and then 2x different sized white connectors either side of the unit.

Any help would be quality as im going to try and do this on thursday.

Hello mate,

Can't really help as far as the stereo end of the connectors are concerned. I have put my Sony head unit in to mine, so I redid the wiring to be ISO connectors. As far as the parrot kit goes, it plugs inline between the ISO connectors in the pic. Basically it feeds the stereo speaker connectors through the relay module that comes with the handsfree kit. Then when it receives a call, it can cut the stereo feeds to the speakers, and route its own sound through car speakers.