Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A Winner At Last Thank You "darling"

The VAT cut from 17.5% to 15% comes into effect on 1 December for 13 months, although there is no requirement for shops to drop prices in line with the cut.

Lease -£549.15

Vat -£ 96.10

Total -£645.25

Lease - £549.15

Vat - £ 82.38

Total - £631.53

£ 178.36 in my pocket if lexus finance play it straight

Wot you think

The VAT cut from 17.5% to 15% comes into effect on 1 December for 13 months, although there is no requirement for shops to drop prices in line with the cut.

Lease -£549.15

Vat -£ 96.10

Total -£645.25

Lease - £549.15

Vat - £ 82.38

Total - £631.53

Wot you think

After the extra tax. National Insurance, etc etc etc How much are you going to be better off????

Lease -£549.15

Vat -£ 96.10

Total -£645.25

Lease - £549.15

Vat - £ 82.38

Total - £631.53

Wot you think

After the extra tax. National Insurance, etc etc etc How much are you going to be better off????

more like ripped off as normal :tomato: :shutit:

Yeah it's a total scam as always with Labour, that's what really annoys me the most over the tories is that labour con the Mr. Moron Public into thinking they're doing him a favour when they're actually screwing him sideways :angry:

Also can't stand all these stupid minimum wage fools (who clearly have no ambition themselves) jumping for joy at the new 45% tax band for those earning over £150k. They don't seem to realise that this will simply make all the super earners head elsewhere to pay less tax, meaning less actual revenue for the government, and just hitting relatively normal people with semi-high wages harder in the pocket.

If Labour make it back in next time round I'm going to have to find somewhere better to live :sick:

No matter how its dressed up you are going to pay roughly the same amount of outgoings every month im afarid (no matter who is in power)

Doesnt have to be the case- This government wasted all our money- Will take the Tories 10 years to correct then the stupid public will vote labour back in because they fancy a change. Then labour waste our money etc etc

Fuel tax has been increased to counter-effect the cheaper VAT. But the VAT decrease is only for 12 months, so when that ends, we're paying more for fuel. Bet half the country hasn't noticed, but the Govt are pulling our pants down there!

And for 2001-2005 Lexus owners they've battered our residual values with a tax increase which is now looking unlikely to ever happen. Thanks a lot Labour :(

Mark they all waste money in one way or another. Thge country to the eyeballs in debt and i read Nigeria away to get rewarded £140M to tackle the corruption( i work in Nigeria) and its beng paid to the goverment!!!! Hello its the goverment thats the corruption. You can say cheerio to that.....

All I know is that I am now earning approx 3 times the money I was earning 11 years ago - due to promotions - But I actually feel worse off

I'm going to bookmark these threads and ressurect at not the next election - the one after that - just to remind us all....

;)

The VAT cut doesn't really help me as a small business. I currently fall under the flat rate VAT scheme as it is called. I charge my clients 17.5%, but pay the VAT man back less than that (14.5% roughly). It is meant to encourage small businesses to be vat registered, simplify VAT returns and earn a few quid on top (the incentive). The VAT rate has dropped, but the flat rate I pay hasn't so company profits will be down slightly. Just goes to show these things don't suit everyone.

As mention earlier

It will take years to correct the mess we are in, that is if we ever do

As we produce very little now in the UK to Export.

Also all the Energey Companies were sold off By maggie T and co

as we were all lead to belive that we would get cheaper Energy if there was competition.

Yeah right!!

is that why they are all foregin owned, so they dont give a stuff about the UK, just rip the Brits off

And i still think the best scam of all is the Diesel sarga, since when and how did this .15p per Litre

above Petrol come from?? as it is still in line with Petrol over the rest of Europe

As i always thought the Industry fuel was Diesel, so if they wanted to get the country

moving goods around for us to buy cheaper, you would have thought the price of Diesel

would be the same as Petrol, with Diesel still costing around 1.05 per L over here

the cost to haulage goods around must be a joke.

And allowing Cheap foregin labour in the country was the other problem

Poland Joins the EU we get swamped with Cheap labour sending money Home. than using it to keep the UK

turning over

I could go on & on about loads n loads but i am sure i would be called everything under the sun

BUT I AM PATRIOTIC and LOVE MY COUNTRY

So i would like to Finnish by saying

Blair/Brown n Darling Thanks for Ucking up the UK

and Cameron/Osbourne Leaders in waiting you will just carry on the same

Just look after yourself with your nice expenses claims yer bunch of T SSERS

I HATE TO SAY THIS BUT WE ARE A SOFT TOUCH NATION

ALL TALK NO ACTION. WE ALL NEED TO UNITE AND SAY NO

REMEMBER WHO PAYS YOU GOVERNMENT US THE TAX PAYER

NOT THE SOCIAL SCUMBAGS

NEXT TIME THERE IS AN ELECTION NO ONE SHOULD VOTE THEN WHAT WILL HAPPEN

STOP WASTING OUR MONEY ON BENEFITS AND POLITICAL ASYLUM CASES

Matt

Not true Tiger, the flat rate has dropped ( see other VAT thread ) but it does mean you lose 48p for every £100 you invoice :(

Yup, I stand corrected Steve, I didn't read the details I was sent correctly. They have both dropped but the saving has reduced :(

Hi,

I got a small super market with nearly 10000 different products. If I'm going to apply the new vat rate in my shop I will have to redo atleast 4000-5000 shelf edge label. 21 labels cost me 10P so thats about £21.50 plus 10-15 man hours (about £90). Total cost about £100.

Then I will have to do the same again in 13months time, so I have decided not to do it (almost all the shop keepers I know also not doing it).

Is there any point in cutting the vat?

This is going to be a paper work nightmare for me. Thanks DARLING

Hi,

I got a small super market with nearly 10000 different products. If I'm going to apply the new vat rate in my shop I will have to redo atleast 4000-5000 shelf edge label. 21 labels cost me 10P so thats about £21.50 plus 10-15 man hours (about £90). Total cost about £100.

Then I will have to do the same again in 13months time, so I have decided not to do it (almost all the shop keepers I know also not doing it).

Is there any point in cutting the vat?

This is going to be a paper work nightmare for me. Thanks DARLING

Sad thing is if the inland revenue want they can make you do it, and i am sure if they wanted to check your books and found you were profiting on the Vat then they will Fine you

My wife works for a Small family Business rebuilding and repairing Land rovers and Range rovers

and they have already had a letter from the inland revenue saying they HAVE no choice but to charge VAT at 15%

But i guess the way you shops will do it is by keep the selling price the same and make the extra 2.5% profit

as all your goods are final retail sale with VAT included

Where as a lot of businesses have a list price then the Vat is clearly shown on the sales so they have no choice

and they are usually your suppliers.

Can you not just set up your tills to give a 2.5% discount on the vatable goods at the end

great way also to make your customers think you are giving them a discount :whistling:

Matt